Reload this Page >

Skilled Australian Sponsered

Wikiposts

Skilled Australian Sponsered

Old Dec 6th 2003, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

thfc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled Australian Sponsered

Can anyone who has recently emigrated as a Skilled Australian Sponsered,let me know how long it took after you had your medicals,we sent our medicals etc , back to oz by March 5th 2003.Also we want to know if we can visit oz on a holiday visa until our visas are issued.cheers
Old Dec 7th 2003, 3:29 am
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Skilled Australian Sponsered

Originally posted by thfc
Can anyone who has recently emigrated as a Skilled Australian Sponsered,let me know how long it took after you had your medicals,we sent our medicals etc , back to oz by March 5th 2003.Also we want to know if we can visit oz on a holiday visa until our visas are issued.cheers
We are doing Skilled Aus Sponsored too, but are of the understanding that the application goes in first (with the skills assessment which has already been proceessed and you have your points), then you sit and wait for them to tell you when the medicals should be done, which is towards the end of the process. We are at that stage.
Then after the meds and police checks have been submitted it's just a matter of weeks before before you get the OK.
If you read the guideline booklet with you application it states that you shoudn't do meds and police checks until requested as they are only valid for a year.
So..what I'm trying to assertain in a roundabout way is , did you frount load your application and take a chance doing the meds and police checks early ? or is it really taking that long ???? and finally when did you first submit the full application ?.
I know this has probably got you no further with an answer to your thread, but hopefully someone else may be able to help us as I'd seen you'd had no replies.

Good Luck

Jill and Warren

Old Dec 7th 2003, 3:32 am
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Skilled Australian Sponsered

Originally posted by thfc
P.S.

the advice is you don't take a holiday during the processing time , 'cos as they put it "You could be in the wrong place at the wrong time" - something about where you are when your visa is granted - may be wrong

Cheers
jill

Old Dec 7th 2003, 11:57 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Hiya,

Have a look on www.austimeline.com. You will be able to see how long it took lots of different people, the holdups they had etc. A very useful source of info when it comes to timings.

W.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 12:03 am
Member who went to Aus

cutgrass is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent all ours back in June and got the OK at the end of October.

We were skilled but not state nominated.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Burnsy74 is an unknown quantity at this point

We did our medicals middle of March and got the ok 5th June.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

thfc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cutgrass
We sent all ours back in June and got the OK at the end of October.

We were skilled but not state nominated.
Im going as skilled australian sponsered,our medicals and police clearences was back in oz by march 5th 2003 and we still havent heard anything.Our migration agent were using is in oz.