two questions

Old Dec 8th 2003, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

gotthevisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default two questions

These may have been asked/discussed before, but I haven't been on line much lately, so here goes.......

Does anyone know of any good books, prefferably with pictures, that detail Australian spiders/snakes and such, that my kids can read so they don't go picking up insects (as they do here in UK)?

and, any ideas as to where I can get cheap insurance for our travel to Australia (via 4 days stopover in Singapore)?.

Cheers.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 4:27 pm
Badge

Default Re: two questions

Martyn Robinson,Dangerous Creatures of Australia 2002

New Holland Publishers: Sydney

6-7 quid

BM

Old Dec 8th 2003, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

thanks BM.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 4:35 pm
Badge

particularly good as it gives good advice as well as pictures and behavioural patterns.

Old Dec 8th 2003, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Just ordered it from Amazon.

I hadn't thought much about scary spiders despite reading bits and pieces on here, until I spoke with my hubbys aunt (who we'll be stopping with intially) on Saturday. She said she regularly finds huntsman and redback spiders in and around her home, and then frightened me to death when she said redbacks venom can kill a small child. My daughter (aged 11) thinks its cool to be at one with nature and loves all things creepy/crawly or slithery, whereas I run a mile at the mention, never mind sight of them. I've only just got used to her pet Bearded Dragon Lizard.

I'll make sure she reads the book cover to cover and back again, just to be on the safe side.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

colinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant future

Good advice, just ordered the book myself.

Thanks

Colin