Reload this Page >

Skill Matching!!

Skill Matching!!

Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

bunyipburger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skill Matching!!

Hi there,
I have applied for skilled independent visa 136 and have recently received requests for pcc, medicals and form 1022(change of circumstances).But also I have been invited to fill in form 1266 which is the skill matching data base.As I have passed(according to my calculation) the points test with 125 points.Does anyone know why I may have been issued this form(as I quite fancy Brisbane not the outback!)Any help would be appreciated......Cheers........all.........
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:47 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skill Matching!!

Originally Posted by bunyipburger
Hi there,
I have applied for skilled independent visa 136 and have recently received requests for pcc, medicals and form 1022(change of circumstances).But also I have been invited to fill in form 1266 which is the skill matching data base.As I have passed(according to my calculation) the points test with 125 points.Does anyone know why I may have been issued this form(as I quite fancy Brisbane not the outback!)Any help would be appreciated......Cheers........all.........
I hear they like you to go for this also, However this question could be better answered in the Australian and New Zealand migration section
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:53 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
i Had the same and asked my co if i had to fill it in , reply was that i didn't have to .
You can if you want , guess it makes no diff , as if you have 125 points then all ok .
I had same no. points and got mine now
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

Hi there,
I bet the form 1266 is not even attached (our wasn't). It is a standard letter to get you to fill out, we didn't, couldn't. (Its not on the forms section on the DIMIA site either). Like Brisben said try a the immigration forum and put a search in.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute

Its something along the lines of 'If your occupation came off the MODL you would lose points, so filling in the form would then give you the option of skill matching, which requires less points'. I did read a thread about it somewhere on the immigration forum.

Jude xx
Old Oct 18th 2005, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Skill Matching!! RE

Originally Posted by Xgeminix
Its something along the lines of 'If your occupation came off the MODL you would lose points, so filling in the form would then give you the option of skill matching, which requires less points'. I did read a thread about it somewhere on the immigration forum.

Jude xx
Thanks all for help much appreciated
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Wink Re: Skill Matching!!

Originally Posted by AndyD
I bet the form 1266 is not even attached (our wasn't). It is a standard letter to get you to fill out, we didn't, couldn't. (Its not on the forms section on the DIMIA site either). Like Brisben said try a the immigration forum and put a search in.

Thanks for that Perth dude....take care