Skiing in OZ/NZ

Old Jul 26th 2004, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future
Default Skiing in OZ/NZ

Hello fellow forum members, just wondering what the skiing is like in oz and nz.
Would be interested in knowing how much it costs to do a ski package to New Zealand from the eastern states if they do such a thing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers
Old Jul 26th 2004, 5:37 pm
Banned

Ozzy4life will become famous soon enoughOzzy4life will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Skiing in OZ/NZ

Originally posted by vandiemen
Hello fellow forum members, just wondering what the skiing is like in oz and nz.
Would be interested in knowing how much it costs to do a ski package to New Zealand from the eastern states if they do such a thing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers
That would have to be one hell of a slope!

Old Jul 26th 2004, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

also, are there ski packages available to europe or do these require remortgaging?

Ta

Mr Iggy
Old Jul 26th 2004, 11:31 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i went to perisher a couple of years ago snowboarding, and loved it. they had a really good season that year. last year i went to queenstown, and that was even better!!

this year i'm off to queenstown again, and hope to board at mount hutt (near christchurch) too. a friend went to perisher at the end of june/beginning of july and said the conditions were good.

check out the websites http://www.perisherblue.com.au/winter/index.shtml and www.nzski.com

as for packages tours to nz from the east coast, see www.valuetours.com.au for an idea. around $800. i actually found that booking flights/hotels/car hire myself worked out cheaper!

they do advertise skiing/snowboarding trips to europe/canada from here but they are usually in the region of $2,500
Old Jul 27th 2004, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

to ski in europe for 2 flying from Australia.anything between $10,000 and $15,000.

Yes that's a remortgage item.

Or you could go sandboarding on the sand dunes here for free!!
Old Jul 27th 2004, 6:33 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Muzza04
to ski in europe for 2 flying from Australia.anything between $10,000 and $15,000.

Yes that's a remortgage item.

Or you could go sandboarding on the sand dunes here for free!!
Needn't be so expensive, eg fly into Vienna on a cheapie and do your own thing in the smaller Austrian resorts using public transport to get there and back. I budget EUR25 a day for liftpass, EUR30 a day gets you a good hotel with brekkie and a snack on the slopes costs EUR5-10. Dinner from the supermarket at EUR5 - 10 depending on quantity.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 7:38 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Old Jul 27th 2004, 7:52 am
Don
Banned

Originally posted by Megalania
The problem with that, Megs, is it won't get you particularly fit. Once you're good (as I once was - very), a hard 15 mins exercise on the water will completely take it out of you in the arms and legs. An hour's rest in-between sessions and you can manage maybe 3 sessions a day.

Whoopee. 45 mins' exercise.

Snow skiing for me is usually an 08.45 - 16.30 day's exercise with an hour off for lunch if I'm feeling generous.

Much better for the bod (and mind).
Old Jul 27th 2004, 8:05 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Old Jul 27th 2004, 8:11 am
Banned

Old Jul 27th 2004, 8:12 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Wave hogs.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 8:13 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hey, grass skiing is bloody dangerous!!!!
As a student (god, about 20 years ago!!) I had a go at grass skiing and ended up with a busted knee, and spent the next 2 months in a soft cast and on crutches!!!

...you can build up a great deal of speed on those buggers!!

sue
Old Jul 27th 2004, 8:15 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep there are packages from Sydney Brisbane and Melbourne for skiing in NZ.

Check out www.travel.com.au and www.zuji.com.au .

In NSW you can fly down but with the cost you may as well go to NZ for a more reliable fall. The drive from Sydney is 6 hours plus.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 8:20 am
Banned

Get me out 'o here!

Old Jul 27th 2004, 8:29 am
Don
Banned

Top tip from the Don.

Get carvers (carving skis - snow). They turn a stem christie skier into a cool parallel skier in one easy credit card transaction.

Much better for the over-40s.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.