skiing?

Old Jun 17th 2005, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold
Default skiing?

Does anyone who lives in Perth ski?

I am assuming the nearest accessible skiing is near Melbourne but I have no idea how it compares to that in Europe. I don't want to give up skiing entirely when we move so I guess New Zealand might also be a (more expensive) option.

Views and opinions?
Old Jun 17th 2005, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

numbers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: skiing?

Originally Posted by MartinH
Does anyone who lives in Perth ski?

I am assuming the nearest accessible skiing is near Melbourne but I have no idea how it compares to that in Europe. I don't want to give up skiing entirely when we move so I guess New Zealand might also be a (more expensive) option.

Views and opinions?
hi, i too am an avid skiier and heading for Perth, i asume like you its south east Auz, but the skiing aint great there, so a cheap flight to NZ looks on the cards, not sure of the costs thought, if its comparable to Europe, then im ok

Cheers Numbrs
Old Jun 17th 2005, 7:48 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by numbers
hi, i too am an avid skiier and heading for Perth, i asume like you its south east Auz, but the skiing aint great there, so a cheap flight to NZ looks on the cards, not sure of the costs thought, if its comparable to Europe, then im ok

Cheers Numbrs
Try this link - http://www.thredbo.com.au/ or this one: http://www.ski.com.au/snowcams/pb3.html

I cant speak for the Thredbo - (the first link) but Perisher - the second link was excellent a few years back.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wargod
Try this link - http://www.thredbo.com.au/ or this one: http://www.ski.com.au/snowcams/pb3.html

I cant speak for the Thredbo - (the first link) but Perisher - the second link was excellent a few years back.
cheers for the links, love skiing, can't wait to try it out in Australia wonder if the apres ski is as good
Old Jun 18th 2005, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Shandy is on a distinguished road

Have you thought about going to Japan? Hokkaido is supposed to be powder heaven. Also because it's northern hemisphere you can do it Dec - Apr!!

Neil