Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sir-dimia Processing Time

Sir-dimia Processing Time

Old Aug 20th 2004, 2:12 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sir-dimia Processing Time

For those of yo going down the SIR path, like myself, I know it is an unknown quantity. I am also fairly sure Im one of the earliest applicants...but does anyone have any idea when we might hear...something...anything? After receiving state nomination from SA, we lodged our application and it has been in for quite some time now........yes, yes, I know...be patient, we all have to wait.....but it is killing me!

PS....do you think Ill pass the police checks and be allowed in if I bump off my in-laws before I go?

Last edited by lucyb; Aug 20th 2004 at 2:23 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sir-dimia Processing Time

Originally Posted by lucyb
For those of yo going down the SIR path, like myself, I know it is an unknown quantity. I am also fairly sure Im one of the earliest applicants...but does anyone have any idea when we might hear...something...anything? After receiving state nomination from SA, we lodged our application and it has been in for quite some time now........yes, yes, I know...be patient, we all have to wait.....but it is killing me!

PS....do you think Ill pass the police checks and be allowed in if I bump off my in-laws before I go?

Hi Lucy
I received a newsletter email from Steven O'Neil (an agent who used to post alot on here, but haven't seen him on the forums for a while).
Anyway it said that he had recently attended a conference or meeting with a DIMIA official. Although no one has been granted a SIR visa yet, as it is still early days, the SIR is progressing well. He anticipated processing times of 2-4 months.

How long ago did you send it off?

You may well be hearing something soon.

Graham
Old Aug 20th 2004, 2:41 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gravyman
Hi Lucy
I received a newsletter email from Steven O'Neil (an agent who used to post alot on here, but haven't seen him on the forums for a while).
Anyway it said that he had recently attended a conference or meeting with a DIMIA official. Although no one has been granted a SIR visa yet, as it is still early days, the SIR is progressing well. He anticipated processing times of 2-4 months.

How long ago did you send it off?

You may well be hearing something soon.

Graham
Hi Graham,

Well, as you know we had issues with my husband turning 30 and therefore losing points. So we went in under skill matching, just to have it lodged before he hit 30, and in the meantime we applied for State Nom from SA, which took 10 days. My agent is off today, but Im pretty sure it has been lodged as an SIR application for about a month or so now......so potentially 3 more months ...that makes it XMAS time..we still dont know what to do re selling our house .

Lucy
Old Aug 20th 2004, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lucy

Once we get the nod from SA then we will look to put our house on the market.
If it is only going to take 2-4 months then we don't want to be hanging around waiting for the house to sell.
It hasn't helped matters with the interest rate rises and the market tends to slow down closer to xmas.
I guess it's not going to hurt putting it on the market and hopefully by the time they come to market the property you might have heard from DIMIA.

Graham
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 6:17 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Hi Graham,

Well, as you know we had issues with my husband turning 30 and therefore losing points. So we went in under skill matching, just to have it lodged before he hit 30, and in the meantime we applied for State Nom from SA, which took 10 days. My agent is off today, but Im pretty sure it has been lodged as an SIR application for about a month or so now......so potentially 3 more months ...that makes it XMAS time..we still dont know what to do re selling our house .

Lucy
It could be worse.....

We've been given the nod by the Tassie Gov't, and we have to BUILD a house before we can sell it!! (FIRB requirement - we have to build on our vacant land before we are allowed to sell it for a profit.)

There's always someone with a slightly more complex problem that yours.

We will be putting in the app as soon as the paperwork is returned from Tassie, so expect to be moving around Xmas time / January, too.

Good luck with yours.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 8:02 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by downunderpom
It could be worse.....

We've been given the nod by the Tassie Gov't, and we have to BUILD a house before we can sell it!! (FIRB requirement - we have to build on our vacant land before we are allowed to sell it for a profit.)

There's always someone with a slightly more complex problem that yours.

We will be putting in the app as soon as the paperwork is returned from Tassie, so expect to be moving around Xmas time / January, too.

Good luck with yours.
With your love of the Blue mountains I can see why you'd like Tassie. Will you keep your property for future years?
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 10:40 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bondipom
With your love of the Blue mountains I can see why you'd like Tassie. Will you keep your property for future years?
Nah, BP. We hope to make enough profit on the sale to fund the majority of the costs of buying / building in Tassie. That should leave us with (best case) no mortgage, or at most a small mortgage. That leaves all the earnings to go where they should - into enjoying life.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

If you are becoming bogged down with waiting for a visa, why not consider taking up rowing. There's a spot going in the women's 8. You'll be able to dodge all the usual requirements and become a citizen in very quick order.
Old Oct 4th 2004, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

nickos10 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI

We are also waiting we applied and got our State sponsorship on 21st julu
we applied to DIMIA and they took the money out for the SIR visa on 16th Aug 04. When did your application go off?
Yes it is killing us waiting as well
Old Oct 8th 2004, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

suelink is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied for SIR on the 18th Aug, money came out on the 31st Aug, recieved case number and instructions to get Meds and police checks on 4th Oct.