Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore or Malaysia Airlines?

View Poll Results: Malaysia Airlines or alternatively Singapore Airlines for £39 more?
Malaysia
16.00%
Singapore
72.00%
Both as good as each other
12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Singapore or Malaysia Airlines?

Old May 11th 2006, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Singapore or Malaysia Airlines?

I have a choice of Malaysia Airlines or Singapore Airlines (for an extra £39.00). Is it worth an extra £39.00 one way to go with Singapore or are they just as good as each other? The flight times are exatly the same
Old May 11th 2006, 3:54 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Singapore or Malaysia Airlines?

Originally Posted by sparkley23
I have a choice of Malaysia Airlines or Singapore Airlines (for an extra £39.00). Is it worth an extra £39.00 one way to go with Singapore or are they just as good as each other? The flight times are exatly the same
Well I've only flown with malaysia but for the sake of £40 I would go Singapore I believe they are a bit better.
Old May 11th 2006, 4:01 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Well I've only flown with malaysia but for the sake of £40 I would go Singapore I believe they are a bit better.
Malaysia are far better with a lot more legroom.

I have always found Singapore to be quite ordinary and I have used them a few times.

They have a good reputation on here for some reason....don't know why

G
Old May 11th 2006, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling
Malaysia are far better with a lot more legroom.

I have always found Singapore to be quite ordinary and I have used them a few times.

They have a good reputation on here for some reason....don't know why

G
ah well I'm afraid i'm off Malaysia with all the pratting about we've had this time, I let you know in a few weeks time

Well yeah I have only gleaned it from here, everyones seems to rave about Singapore, so I thought they must be better?
Old May 11th 2006, 4:21 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

ah well I'm afraid i'm off Malaysia with all the pratting about we've had this time, I let you know in a few weeks time

Well yeah I have only gleaned it from here, everyones seems to rave about Singapore, so I thought they must be better?
Well
So far Singapore have lost my luggage..twice!

Made me travel for 13 hours with a broken seat and, on another occasion made me travel in a seat that was not fitted properly with my knees under my chin as a result.

Many of the people who praise them have never tried another airline....they just go off what they read on here. If enough people say they are the best then they must be

G
Old May 11th 2006, 4:39 pm

Well

Made me travel for 13 hours with a broken seat and, on another occasion made me travel in a seat that was not fitted properly with my knees under my chin as a result.

Many of the people who praise them have never tried another airline....they just go off what they read on here. If enough people say they are the best then they must be

G
Jeez 13 hrs with your knees under your chin!! that's not good.

ahh ok fair enough, your right think i'll sod both of em and choose Cathay Pacific next time
Old May 11th 2006, 4:44 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez 13 hrs with your knees under your chin!! that's not good.

ahh ok fair enough, your right think i'll sod both of em and choose Cathay Pacific next time
You'll hate Malaysian, Kay - they're really stingy with their drinks. I got the right evil eye from a stewardess when I asked for a G&T AND a glass of wine with my meal!! Take your own supplies is my advice!

Nicky
Old May 11th 2006, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
You'll hate Malaysian, Kay - they're really stingy with their drinks. I got the right evil eye from a stewardess when I asked for a G&T AND a glass of wine with my meal!! Take your own supplies is my advice!

Nicky
I have flown with malaysia before they were very good, I didnt find em stingy but will let you know
Old May 11th 2006, 5:02 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkley23
We have flown Singapore Airlines everytime we have gone to Asia or Australia - we are flying out to Australia also when we emigrate on the 27th of this month!

I can 110% rec'd them - excellent everytime!

Claire
x
Old May 11th 2006, 5:02 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

I have flown with malaysia before they were very good, I didnt find em stingy but will let you know
So basically you're saying I'm a pisshead??

Actually I probably am !
Old May 11th 2006, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
So basically you're saying I'm a pisshead??

Actually I probably am !
Aye
Old May 11th 2006, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

Well
Ummm, I think you mean the baggage handlers at the origin or destination airports have lost your baggage. Not really the airlines fault.
Old May 11th 2006, 5:57 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by ScottDavis
Ummm, I think you mean the baggage handlers at the origin or destination airports have lost your baggage. Not really the airlines fault.
I checked my luggage in with Singapore airlines....it was lost in Singapore....therefore I blame Singapore airlines...their responsibility.

Also their responsibility that they left about 50 people waiting for an hour at the carousel at Manchester before informing them that their luggage had been put on the wrong plane in Singapore.

I bought my ticket from them. I have used them several times but will not in future...their customer service is crap and will not change while everybody continues to believe they are the best usually on someone else's say so.

G
Old May 11th 2006, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

ScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud ofScottDavis has much to be proud of

I checked my luggage in with Singapore airlines....it was lost in Singapore....therefore I blame Singapore airlines...their responsibility.

Also their responsibility that they left about 50 people waiting for an hour at the carousel at Manchester before informing them that their luggage had been put on the wrong plane in Singapore.

I bought my ticket from them. I have used them several times but will not in future...their customer service is crap and will not change while everybody continues to believe they are the best usually on someone else's say so.
They have a good reputation because people have good experiences. Opinions of many count more than opinions of one or two. I'm sorry to hear about your problems with Singapore airport, but I am bemused as to why you kept booking with them 'a few times' when you have repeatedly had such a poor experience. I am pleased you enjoy Malaysian though as I also understand many on these forums do.

Cheers
Scott
Old May 11th 2006, 6:25 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by ScottDavis
They have a good reputation because people have good experiences. Opinions of many count more than opinions of one or two. I'm sorry to hear about your problems with Singapore airport, but I am bemused as to why you kept booking with them 'a few times' when you have repeatedly had such a poor experience. I am pleased you enjoy Malaysian though as I also understand many on these forums do.

Cheers
Scott
I didn't say I had 'repeatedly' had bad service. But I have now had enough to know that they are far from the best. I think that they have deteriorated over recent years. They also have an aging fleet which does not help.

I have NEVER had a bad experience with Malaysian and I have used them a few times as well.

I hope everyone travels with Singapore as that will give me a lot more room when I travel with someone else

G