Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore airport & transit lounge etc?

Singapore airport & transit lounge etc?

Old Aug 9th 2006, 10:17 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice
Question Singapore airport & transit lounge etc?

Hi
Has anyone stayed around Singapore airport while waiting for conecting flights? We may have around 6 hours maybe more while waiting for a conecting flight. I have been on to Singapore airlines site and have seen what is on offer but just wondered if anyone has first hand experience.
We have three young children so hope there is lots for them to do.

Eric
Old Aug 9th 2006, 10:21 am
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore airport & transit lounge etc?

Originally Posted by Eric the Viking
Hi
Has anyone stayed around Singapore airport while waiting for conecting flights? We may have around 6 hours maybe more while waiting for a conecting flight. I have been on to Singapore airlines site and have seen what is on offer but just wondered if anyone has first hand experience.
We have three young children so hope there is lots for them to do.

Eric
I'll be watching this with interest coz We'll be about to land there this time next week :scared:

xRachx
Old Aug 9th 2006, 10:21 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

there are freebie tours offered that you book upon arrival to Singapore (there is a left luggage place nearby) - depends what time you arrive

There is a play area, but not that big. There are several little garden/pond areas to walk around/spot the fish.

There was a post earlier this year that had 101 things to do, plus the airport website is informative
Old Aug 9th 2006, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

BPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant future

Not sure what it will be like with kids, but when I went 3 years ago it was not too bad - however we had only 2 hours to kill and that was ok as we did window shopping in the duty free shops.

They have a limited number of shops and it could get boring. There are a number of interesting sights there but again for kinds this could get boring.

Ive heard that they let you leave the airport and go to Singapore City (not done this but I have heard a few people do this). Again not sure if kids would like this.

If things go well I will be travelling via Singapore to Australia this year and this time with a kid.

I hope this helps
Old Aug 9th 2006, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

It's wonderful! Lots to do and see. I only ever have about 2 hours in transit at Changi and it's never enough! There's a foot massage to be had while you watch your children in the playground, free internet and games, a free cinema, lots of wonderful shops and eating areas, a swimming pool and roof garden - it goes on and on. There are many lovely quiet areas in which to relax around beautiful orchid garden and fish ponds. Enjoy.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 10:27 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
I'll be watching this with interest coz We'll be about to land there this time next week :scared:

xRachx
Rach
Is the scared smilie, for the fact that you are going to Singapore, flying, or just that it is really happeing? We have 25 days left and each day it gets a little more real. We have been packing and dumping things for weeks now and when we look around we feel like nothing has changed or gone! Is it me or does everyone have this feeling?

Jayne
Old Aug 9th 2006, 10:30 am
Home in 2010.

Originally Posted by Tuxtrip
It's wonderful! Lots to do and see. I only ever have about 2 hours in transit at Changi and it's never enough! There's a foot massage to be had while you watch your children in the playground, free internet and games, a free cinema, lots of wonderful shops and eating areas, a swimming pool and roof garden - it goes on and on. There are many lovely quiet areas in which to relax around beautiful orchid garden and fish ponds. Enjoy.
Hi Tuxtrip
Read about the foot massage and swimming pool, the web site says there is loads to do, may even go and do the city tour.
Jayne
Old Aug 9th 2006, 10:36 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Changi Airport is fantastic... the best I have ever been to (and I've been through a few!) The website lists all the services. If you are there for longer than 5 hours you can do a city tour, or just hang out in the shops / restaurants / play areas. Free internet access is available in both terminals, and you can go from one terminal to the other on the monorail in a few minutes.

If you are travelling with kids, there is a cinema in Terminal Two, or you could go swimming at the hotel (towels and showers included in the entry price) at Terminal 1. The transit lounges are also good value for money - access to showers (you can pay just to have a shower if you want), comfy chairs, internet access, gym and free food and drinks (sandwiches, fruit, soft drinks etc). Definitely worth the money (and it is pretty cheap). if you feel the need for some sleep, book into the Transit hotels in iether terminal (but probably best to book this online before you go as sometimes it can get booked out.) They take bookings in 6 hour slots from memory.

The website has interactive maps and all the information you could posisbly need, as well as suggested itineraries for stopovers, broken down by the number of hours you are stopping.

Good luck with the trip and enjoy the stopover!
Old Aug 9th 2006, 10:46 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj
There was a post earlier this year that had 101 things to do,
here it is
Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

It's the best airport I've ever been to! They have a pool on the roof so yo can get outside, have a bit of exercise to stretch those legs, get some fresh air in your lungs, see a bit of sunshine, and above all the kids are likely to be happy!
Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:15 am
Banned

Becksy Blue has a spectacular aura aboutBecksy Blue has a spectacular aura aboutBecksy Blue has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by suzimc
It's the best airport I've ever been to!
I'd echo that.
Old Aug 9th 2006, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Becksy Blue
I'd echo that.
So would quite a few others it seems:

http://www.worldairportawards.com/
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

A family of 5 will kill 6 hours in no time at all, if you were all to have a shower etc, food, shopping, games , will all add up. Great airport better to enjoy it and take your time than rush out for a shuttle bus to do a tour and be rushed back again.

sarah-jayne
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ridds]Changi Airport is fantastic... the best I have ever been to (and I've been through a few!) The website lists all the services. If you are there for longer than 5 hours you can do a city tour, or just hang out in the shops / restaurants / play areas. Free internet access is available in both terminals, and you can go from one terminal to the other on the monorail in a few minutes.

If you are travelling with kids, there is a cinema in Terminal Two, or you could go swimming at the hotel (towels and showers included in the entry price) at Terminal 1. The transit lounges are also good value for money - access to showers (you can pay just to have a shower if you want), comfy chairs, internet access, gym and free food and drinks (sandwiches, fruit, soft drinks etc). Definitely worth the money (and it is pretty cheap). if you feel the need for some sleep, book into the Transit hotels in iether terminal (but probably best to book this online before you go as sometimes it can get booked out.) They take bookings in 6 hour slots from memory.

Is any currency taken or would we have to buy some dollars?
(Thanks)
Lou
Old Aug 9th 2006, 1:46 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eric the Viking
Rach
Is the scared smilie, for the fact that you are going to Singapore, flying, or just that it is really happeing? We have 25 days left and each day it gets a little more real. We have been packing and dumping things for weeks now and when we look around we feel like nothing has changed or gone! Is it me or does everyone have this feeling?

Jayne
Jayne, the scared is for the fact that its really happening and so little time left!!!

The goodbyes are awful. Big party on saturday which i'm dreading and looking forward to (if that makes sense).

Where are you heading?

xRachx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.