Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines Question.

Wikiposts

Singapore Airlines Question.

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Singapore Airlines Question.

Has anybody else selected certain rows of seats with Singapore airlines despite not having a Kris Flyer rewards card. (We are using our Air Canada Frequent Flyer Cards as they are in the alliance and we want to get all our points in the same scheme).

I keep getting No as an answer, but I am sure someone said there was a way to book certain seats without being a Singapore airlines frequent flyer.

Anybody had any luck with this? The website wont even bring up the seating plan unless you are a member.l
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore Airlines Question.

Originally posted by dotty
Has anybody else selected certain rows of seats with Singapore airlines despite not having a Kris Flyer rewards card. (We are using our Air Canada Frequent Flyer Cards as they are in the alliance and we want to get all our points in the same scheme).

I keep getting No as an answer, but I am sure someone said there was a way to book certain seats without being a Singapore airlines frequent flyer.

Anybody had any luck with this? The website wont even bring up the seating plan unless you are a member.l
I was told by SIng Air that I couldn't pre-book seats - all they are able to do is note that I am pregnant and try and reserve me a bulk-head seat.

All passengers departing Oz on Sing Air get 30kg luggage allowance (and not 20kg, which is what is advertised on the ticket - I had it confirmed when I called to find out excess baggae charges - the guy said over 30kg is AU$30 per kg, with 30kg being the default allowance from Oz.)
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 7:41 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

We prebooked seats, and we have no FF card at all. We phoned singapore airline direct, gave them our booking reference and they said no probs at all....
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 7:48 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Dotty,

Is this website of any help ...?
http://www.seatexpert.com/

Best regards.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

malx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SEATS and BAGGAGE

hi there, I got in touch with singapore airlines a while back and they said i could take 40kg on an un-used visa when emigrating one way.
I also asked about legroom seats, 6ft7" you see, and told em that i would only book a flight if they could guarantee a seat with legroom, they said that would be okay for them.

Thats what they said to me anyhow, they were helpfull about it all.

Malx
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 9:05 pm
tennisoz

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Dotty,

Is this website of any help ...?
http://www.seatexpert.com/

Best regards.
Alan - good link, thanks.

TennisOz

P.S. we've flown Singapore 3 times and managed to get seat requests every time through our travel agent. Not specific seat numbers but we like to have 2 seats on the aisle with the aisle to the left because of my wife's knee - a sporting injury. Incidentally, don't say you'd like the seats at the emergency exit because of something like a bad knee. They then say we won't put you there because you might hold people up in an emergency!! A 'Catch 22' if ever there was one.

Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SEATS and BAGGAGE

Originally posted by malx
hi there, I got in touch with singapore airlines a while back and they said i could take 40kg on an un-used visa when emigrating one way.
I also asked about legroom seats, 6ft7" you see, and told em that i would only book a flight if they could guarantee a seat with legroom, they said that would be okay for them.

Thats what they said to me anyhow, they were helpfull about it all.

Malx
Most airlines will give 40kg luggae allowance to a migrant on a one-way economy ticket. It was invaluable having that much allowance on the way out here.

I was just surprised when I was told I have a 30kg allowance on an economy ticket, not going via the US and not on a migrant visa. They only publish 20kg on the ticket - guess they don't want to shout too loud about it.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

Just want to add that I have never had a problem prebooking specific seats with Cathay Pacific, and they are a wonderful airline. The food is yummy!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

I used to live in singapore and used singapore airlines regularly for work.
a couple of things to note:

1. on any flight OUT of singapore you can check in 48 hours before over the phone and get your seat.
2. ask if the flight is full - if it isn't then get them to 'block' the seat next to you so you get 2 seats.

Incidentally I think they're a great airline particularly if you have kids.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Thank you for all those replies, our flight is full, totally full, thankfully we bought a extra seat to spread out on, however I am fully dreading it. I'll be ringing up to waffle on about me row choice as soon as the flight opens.

Thanks again (20 odd days till the tin can experience)
Old Nov 4th 2003, 4:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default !

Dotty, the secret is - don't think about the flight, think about the pleasures waiting at the other end........in your case, all those shops!!!
I've always found the flight south easier than north, cos I always wanted to come this way, and hated going back to the UK, to work, leaving The Bloke, etc.
And spend the 10 days before in a haze of farewell parties so by the time you get on the plane you just want to sllllllleeeeeepppppp! That also worked this time!

Have just spotted - 20 days to go.....so see your pm from me, - either Friday, or one lunchtime next week?