Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines Meals

Singapore Airlines Meals

Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

carolk is on a distinguished road
Default Singapore Airlines Meals

Hiya
Can anyone tell me what types of food Singapore Airlines offer as infant and child meals? My daughter is 16 months and just wondering which to request.
Thanks.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all
Default Re: Singapore Airlines Meals

Originally Posted by carolk
Hiya
Can anyone tell me what types of food Singapore Airlines offer as infant and child meals? My daughter is 16 months and just wondering which to request.
Thanks.
Dont know bout kids meals but i dont think she would like to eat adults its either fish or chicken in some sort of sauce, last time we went i had the chicken kept repeating on me for days yuk not nice,

i would stick to kids meals bound to be chicken nuggets or sausage.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:36 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Pam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mum01753
Dont know bout kids meals but i dont think she would like to eat adults its either fish or chicken in some sort of sauce, last time we went i had the chicken kept repeating on me for days yuk not nice,

Yes but the sausages are chicken! They look anaemic!!
But you do get some beans and a couple of potatoey thingys! My children didn't each much o theirs, but enjoyed my salad and roll!
Adult food is better - noodles and stuff. Not great but edible!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pam
Yes but the sausages are chicken! They look anaemic!!
But you do get some beans and a couple of potatoey thingys! My children didn't each much o theirs, but enjoyed my salad and roll!
Adult food is better - noodles and stuff. Not great but edible!
yeah you might be right, maybe you should order the kids meal and then just share between all of you.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

i've ordered adult meals for my kids... they don't tend to eat 'children's food' as it appears to be more highly processed and less 'real' than human food... but then they are 6, 8 10 and 17 ... noodles is my youngest food so he will be in heaven on the plane!
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:02 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by carolk
Hiya
Thanks.
Hi,

here is a link to SA site, click on some of the food links to get more info Singapore Airlines

Chris

Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:31 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

You've probably see this before, but this website is quite useful. Lots of photos of airline food, just select Singapore Airlines from the list on the left: http://www.airlinemeals.net/indexMeals.html

Last edited by WS; Jul 30th 2007 at 9:38 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

We flew with SQ in May. I thought the adult meals were pretty good (as far as plane meals go that it!). We ordered a childs meal for our son (4), he ate the 'extras' such as the bread roll, yoghurt, fruit & chocs, but as for the main meal itself, just picked at it. As above it was sausage (chicken!) smilies & some sort of beans..... Breaky was cereal & fruit, which he ate no probs.

They had a pretty good selection of snacks throughout the flight, McCoys crisps (or chips as they're called here ! lol ), various filled rolls, nuts etc. The attendants were always up & down offering juice / water.
Overall, we were quite impressed with them.

Last edited by charb; Jul 30th 2007 at 10:20 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by charb
We flew with SQ in May. I thought the adult meals were pretty good (as far as plane meals go that it!). We ordered a childs meal for our son (4), he ate the 'extras' such as the bread roll, yoghurt, fruit & chocs, but as for the main meal itself, just picked at it. As above it was sausage (chicken!) smilies & some sort of beans..... Breaky was cereal & fruit, which he ate no probs.

They had a pretty good selection of snacks throughout the flight, McCoys crisps (or chips as they're called here ! lol ), various filled rolls, nuts etc. The attendants were always up & down offering juice / water.
Overall, we were quite impressed with them.
Food for kids wasn't great compared to emirates.Emirates have a snack box with sandwiches,yogurts etc - very kid friendly - however would much prefer to fly with singapore as their customer service is much better.We asked for sandwiches late into the flight as kids had only picked at their food(they will normally eat most things) but they had ran out earlier on.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:45 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mum01753

We flew LHR to Singapore with them 2 days ago and our kids got the following for dinner...

coleslaw salad
Chicken teddies, smiley faces and beans
roll
apple juice
dessert (strawberry mouse type with strawberries)
chocolate bar
cheese and biscuits

Nutritionally not the best, but the kids were happy.

At the same time OH and I got medalion of beef with potatoes and veg. The beef was lovely but cooked rare so not all kids would like it I guess.

We all got scrambled eggs, bacon etc for breakfast which the kids were happy with. The kids were always fed before the adults which was a bonus esp as the meals service was stopped at on point due to turbulence - at least the kids got fed so they were then able to get to sleep with a full tum.

We're flying with them again tonight when we head to Melbourne, hopefully they'll get something nice then too.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
We flew LHR to Singapore with them 2 days ago and our kids got the following for dinner...

coleslaw salad
Chicken teddies, smiley faces and beans
roll
apple juice
dessert (strawberry mouse type with strawberries)
chocolate bar
cheese and biscuits

Nutritionally not the best, but the kids were happy.

At the same time OH and I got medalion of beef with potatoes and veg. The beef was lovely but cooked rare so not all kids would like it I guess.

We all got scrambled eggs, bacon etc for breakfast which the kids were happy with. The kids were always fed before the adults which was a bonus esp as the meals service was stopped at on point due to turbulence - at least the kids got fed so they were then able to get to sleep with a full tum.

We're flying with them again tonight when we head to Melbourne, hopefully they'll get something nice then too.

Ah, there you are

Think you need to PM Mags with your flight details, she seems to be having trouble finding them

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469804
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

freckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nicefreckles1970 is just really nice

I have flown a few times to OZ on singapore airlines and I thought the food was really good....I guess there is no accounting for taste!