Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines - for children

Wikiposts

Singapore Airlines - for children

Old May 26th 2004, 8:50 am
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Singapore Airlines - for children

To keep my two boys (aged 7 & 5) occupied on the flight, I was going to bring with me loads of books and colouring pens, pencils and other bits and pieces to keep them amused.

Rather than having to carry these items can anyone tell me what 'freebies' Singapore Airlines give children to help pass away the hours as I'm sure after so long they will bore of the in-flight video games.

Thanks.
Old May 26th 2004, 10:40 am
MSB
Forum Regular

MSB is an unknown quantity at this point

Our kids got a colouring set with with crayons, book etc and a pack of playing cards. To be honest though they didnt really touch them. Mind you one is 17 and the others 12 so the games and movies were a little more their taste

You may be aware but did you know you can pre-book from a massive list of menu options? Just go to the SA website and call them with your choice. Good for fussy Kids and adults!

Mart
Old May 26th 2004, 12:10 pm
rudo1ph

The last few times we have flown with our children we have found (on various airlines including Singapore) that they do not give out the freebies like they used to do. They do not carry enough packs so say it's unfair to give things to some children and not others. I would carry some stuff with you.....don't rely on the airlines! I find those pencils with lots of different colours in that you pop out from the bottom, and then put back in at the top so the next colour appears great - lots of colours only one pencil!!

Old May 26th 2004, 4:29 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by MSB
Our kids got a colouring set with with crayons, book etc and a pack of playing cards. To be honest though they didnt really touch them. Mind you one is 17 and the others 12 so the games and movies were a little more their taste
Sorry, that has me in stitches. I can imagine the expression on your kid's faces when they saw the colouring-in books and crayons.

My two kids, being 5 and 3, will probably love them.
Old May 26th 2004, 4:53 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore Airlines - for children

Originally posted by irishmolly
To keep my two boys (aged 7 & 5) occupied on the flight, I was going to bring with me loads of books and colouring pens, pencils and other bits and pieces to keep them amused.

Rather than having to carry these items can anyone tell me what 'freebies' Singapore Airlines give children to help pass away the hours as I'm sure after so long they will bore of the in-flight video games.

Thanks.

I have flown SA but not with the kids.

Emirates on the other hand we took our children on that trip, and crikey they are good... lunch boxes, crayons etc etc etc games console on headrest, my youngest who is 11 lost at a game of Draughts and decided to punch the screen, to the bemusement of the passenger in front, and to my ANGRY ! stare !
Old May 26th 2004, 5:56 pm
will be there soon!!!!!

debs&tim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Singapore Airlines - for children

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
I have flown SA but not with the kids.

Emirates on the other hand we took our children on that trip, and crikey they are good... lunch boxes, crayons etc etc etc games console on headrest, my youngest who is 11 lost at a game of Draughts and decided to punch the screen, to the bemusement of the passenger in front, and to my ANGRY ! stare !
Hi
We flew singapore airlines in April and all the kids got was a cuddly snoopy, not much fun for my 10 year old.
10 and 7 year old took own bag full of things to do and 2 year old I took lots of bits in a bag for her to do. The kids watched a few movies (twice)!!!!!!
my 2 year old watch Brother Bear about 6 times with no headphones so just watched the pictures!!!!!
Overall service was great though.
Debs
Old May 26th 2004, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

icklepickle is an unknown quantity at this point

Flying with Singapore Airlines last year the kids (aged 3 and 5) were given Snoopy Hats and Linus Dolls. We also asked for packs of cards. The TV choice was limited, their was one film (Finding Nemo) and a childrens channel with a few things on it. They loved the games, helping out was quite a hard job though because it was hard to see the screen in the adjacent seat backs.

They didn't give out snacks or backpacks which was a shame.

Definately take colouring stuff and books, puzzle books might be good as well. Don't take stuff that is too small because you will spend half of your time crawling around on the floor of the plane looking for stuff.

The other thing that we took that was actually quite useful was slippers.

Another point to bear in mind is that the sick bags on Singapore Airlines are sealed, so it is worth opening some before you start out just in case you need them suddenly.

We flew Manchester-Singapore, Singapore-New Zealand and one of the planes had a 3/3/3 seat configuration, which wasn't ideal for 4 people.

Regards,

Jan

Last edited by icklepickle; May 26th 2004 at 6:03 pm.
Old May 26th 2004, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

We flew with Singapore in March and all they gave out was the cuddly Snoopy and friends (now have 4 of them from all flights!).

I'd take stuff for the kids with you - don't rely on the airline for too much