Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines Baggage Allowance

Singapore Airlines Baggage Allowance

Old Aug 9th 2004, 12:50 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Singapore Airlines Baggage Allowance

Due to fly off to Brisbane on the 457 visa soon. Having trouble trying to get 40 kg/person luggage allowance with this 4 yr visa. I remember that some of you guys managed to get this. Can you give me any advice or good sob stories to try and persuade them? Contact names maybe? Any help would be apprecaited.
TIA

Andrew
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

MRS G will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Singapore Airlines Baggage Allowance

Originally Posted by andrew63
Due to fly off to Brisbane on the 457 visa soon. Having trouble trying to get 40 kg/person luggage allowance with this 4 yr visa. I remember that some of you guys managed to get this. Can you give me any advice or good sob stories to try and persuade them? Contact names maybe? Any help would be apprecaited.
TIA

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

We booked our flight one way and automatically got 40kg each without even asking. I think if you let them know you are intending to stay out there for the time being they will give you 40kg.

Mrs G
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:04 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore Airlines Baggage Allowance

Originally Posted by MRS G
Hi Andrew,

We booked our flight one way and automatically got 40kg each without even asking. I think if you let them know you are intending to stay out there for the time being they will give you 40kg.

Mrs G
Aye, us too
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:57 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla1
Aye, us too

Guys
Were you on temporary visas or permanent?
Where was the Sinapore Airline offcie you used? Maybe I should use that one!

Thanks

Andrew
Old Aug 9th 2004, 3:59 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63
Guys
Were you on temporary visas or permanent?
Where was the Sinapore Airline offcie you used? Maybe I should use that one!

Thanks

Andrew
Skilled sponsored but I wouldn't imagine your luggage allowance is determined by your visa category, could be wrong, but I think you need more than 20 kilos for a minimum 4 year stay!!

We are booking over the Singapore website

Walla
Old Aug 9th 2004, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla1
Skilled sponsored but I wouldn't imagine your luggage allowance is determined by your visa category, could be wrong, but I think you need more than 20 kilos for a minimum 4 year stay!!

We are booking over the Singapore website

Walla
it is dependant on the visa category...SA's argument being that if you're going on a temp visa, you aren't a permanent migrant and therefore not entitled to 40kgs. However, the person on the site the other week had sent a letter to SA stating that as far as they were concerned they were going on a temp visa with every intention of applying for PR whilst they were there, and in that respect, they were permanent migrants . SA gave them their baggage allowance. Can't remember who it was tho
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:27 pm
Graceyg

graceyg is an unknown quantity at this point

We are going on the 457 visa in 3 weeks, Singapore have given us 30 K each, plus 7kg hand luggage.
Try calling the manchester number and speak to bernie he is really helpful.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

MrsMangle will become famous soon enough

we were told we could have the additional baggage with Singapore on the condition that we were a) on one way tickets b)not having a stopover and c)going to validate our visas for the first time...if you haven't already booked your tickets you could consider flying via the states...from memory I think we were allowed to carry two x 30kg bags (!!) and having a stop over was no problem!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 1:18 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Where Are U Flying From?

We Flew From Manchester And All I Did Was Send Them An E-mail With A Scanned Copy Of My Aussie Visa...........if You Have A One Way Ticket They Will Give You The 40kg Allowance......i E-mailed The Manchester Singapore Airlines (addy On Website) And It Was A Lady Called Rhona Who Was Superb

Best Of Luck :d
Old Aug 10th 2004, 1:24 am
owieb

Same here, one-way ticket, temp visa, singapore airlines, 40kg each.