Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airline fare prices gone up by $400 from Perth?

Singapore Airline fare prices gone up by $400 from Perth?

Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Singapore Airline fare prices gone up by $400 from Perth?

I know prices would go up by Jan 6th, but by so much? I'm looking at flights May/June to Frankfurt.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Singapore Airline fare prices gone up by $400 from Perth?

They've been up and down for a while now. I checked for Feb flights to London back in October and it was around $1800, then around 3 weeks ago it was $2300 now I think it's around $1900.

But it's the same with Cathay. 3 weeks ago they were $1800 and they're now $2300.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 11:35 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Evelin
I know prices would go up by Jan 6th, but by so much? I'm looking at flights May/June to Frankfurt.
I was on there yesterday looking for flights to New York. Between the time I put in the dates I wanted and clicked "next" to book the tickets they had gone up by $300 each.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 11:45 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

We booked before Xmas and paid $7200 for 3 adult and 1 child fare. If I booked the same now it would be $9500. They also had a deal if you booked and they lowered their fares they would refund the difference.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 11:45 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
They've been up and down for a while now. I checked for Feb flights to London back in October and it was around $1800, then around 3 weeks ago it was $2300 now I think it's around $1900.

But it's the same with Cathay. 3 weeks ago they were $1800 and they're now $2300.
I got an email from Emirates yesterday that were offering cheap fares for Feb Perth to London.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates are doing flights to Frankfurt in May for $1,762.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northernbird
I got an email from Emirates yesterday that were offering cheap fares for Feb Perth to London.
Cheers NB
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by northernbird
Would you believe it. After just checking their flights have gone up $100 since I checked last week....
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Emirates are doing flights to Frankfurt in May for $1,762.
yes, I know, but I couldn't believe that Sing and Qantas are increasing their prices by so much on the same day, whereas Malaysian and Emirates didn't. Sing's prices are now fixed for their sales period which ends March 31. Isn't that called price fixing? On Jan 5th ended the last sales period. I do understand that they try to recover for losses from last year, but he, I don't have to fly to Europe.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Would you believe it. After just checking their flights have gone up $100 since I checked last week....
yes, I know, I watch the flights to Europe for a while. Qantas wants now over $2300
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:20 am
Gutter Gob!!

yes, I know, I watch the flights to Europe for a while. Qantas wants now over $2300
I watched and watched for months. If I had waited I would now be paying over $2k more for the same trip. There comes a time when you just have to bite the bullet otherwise you could lose stacks of money.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

We bought Singapore Air return 1x adult 1x child BNE-LHR for $3500 back in early December. We used a local travel agent, support local business etc etc even though their price was identical to that on the Singapore Airlines website.

It turned out to be a good idea - we hadn't actually got around to paying and getting the tickets, and got a phone call on a Friday afternoon from them to say that they had heard on the grapevine the prices were going up the next day. I thought it might be a bit of a sales tactic but figured we may as well just book them, so gave my credit card etc and got it all done. The next day the prices had gone up to $4250.

I normally don't bother using a travel agent and just book direct, but wow, they saved me a bunch this time!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

I am swearing very loudly at the moment! Our fare was to be $1900 and because we haven't worked out dates out it's now $2600.....

Thats over 4000 quid....lets hope they have another fare deal soon for May!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Flight prices tend to fluctuate from day to day. Even the day of the week can have an enormous effect. If you are flexible with your dates, try a few variations, you might be pleasantly surprised. When we flew with Emirates last year, there was about a $500 difference in price over a 10 day span.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

I've just done that on the SIA website and it's the same price for May/June.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.