Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Air baggage allowance

Singapore Air baggage allowance

Old Sep 15th 2005, 1:32 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Singapore Air baggage allowance

Can anyone tell me the allowance please?

Their FAQ is down and Qs on the phone..... we're just "normal" tickets, not migrant or anything

thanks
Old Sep 15th 2005, 1:37 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Singapore Air baggage allowance

Originally Posted by bridiej

Their FAQ is down and Qs on the phone..... we're just "normal" tickets, not migrant or anything

thanks
I think standard 20kg per person economy.

Our move Oz to UK we were so lucky as us 2 adults had a combination of 72kg and they let us on a full flight to London on a one way ticket.

I think it was the fact we lamented how wonderful Oz was and that we were not looking foward to the Pommy weather

I guess depends on the check in staff some days.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

thanks
I spoke to them on the phone a couple of weeks ago they said that if you have the visa in your passpost you have 40kg each you don't have to get a special ticket fot this
Old Sep 15th 2005, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Hi, malaysian do 30, we flew with cathay pacific they did 30 but im not sure about singapore. Denise
Old Sep 15th 2005, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by isgraham
I spoke to them on the phone a couple of weeks ago they said that if you have the visa in your passpost you have 40kg each you don't have to get a special ticket fot this
That's handy to know.... we were going to do internet check in though, will we be able to?
Old Sep 15th 2005, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

That's handy to know.... we were going to do internet check in though, will we be able to?
Last time I checked in over the internet (with BA) you still had to hand over your passport with the baggage for them to have a look at so it should be OK if you point out the VISA
Old Sep 15th 2005, 1:48 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

We have just flown with them it is a Max of 23kg and 7kg hand luggage..

Yes you are allowed more if you are immigation but you have to send proof 1st you have the visa then make sure you have it in writing then the allowance you get is 40kg.

Pauline
Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Pauline

Yes you are allowed more if you are immigation but you have to send proof 1st you have the visa then make sure you have it in writing then the allowance you get is 40kg.

Pauline
Thanks Pauline, did you just have the 23kg and was it enough? We've just got one 76cm samsonite case each with the usual clothes, shoes, smellies and a few paperwork bits.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pauline

Pauline
I have just phoned them having just panicked on reading your comment and they have assured me that providing the visa says that I have the right to stay in Australia indefinatly and I havent entered the country on this visa I have an allowance of 40kg no need to provide evidance in advance. Anyway I will be finding out in a couple of months wether this is correct or not.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:17 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

I have just phoned them having just panicked on reading your comment and they have assured me that providing the visa says that I have the right to stay in Australia indefinatly and I havent entered the country on this visa I have an allowance of 40kg no need to provide evidance in advance. Anyway I will be finding out in a couple of months wether this is correct or not.

I had an e-mail from them a couple of weeks ago and they said the same thing. As long as you are entering Australia for the FIRST time on a PERMANENT visa then you are allowed 40kg - even with a stopover.

Carolyn
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:21 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

yes this is true you dont need to do anything to get it as long as you havent already been to validate your visa just turn up at airport with bags and passport of course
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:47 pm

Fantastic, thanks peeps!

Can we still do the internet check in then show them our passports when we hand over our bags?
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

MaggieNoodles is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic, thanks peeps!

Can we still do the internet check in then show them our passports when we hand over our bags?
Hi,

I agree with the others that you should be ok. Do the internet check in as normal and they will check passports and weigh luggage at check in desk at the airport.

I phoned Singapore a few months ago asking about our luggage allowance and they too confirmed that as long as you have a permanent residence visa and are entering for the first time on a one way ticket you are allowed 40kg. I then phoned them a couple of weeks ago asking for this in writing and they would not do it but assured me that our extra luggage allowance has been noted on our booking so when we arrive at the airport there will be no issues. Fingers crossed. We fly at the end of october so will update then.

Regards,

Maggienoodles.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:54 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be very very careful on this one peeps.......it may have changed since we travelled last year but...we needed to e-mail them and get them to upgrade our baggage allowance......I took a copy of the e-mail with me to the airport and I am glad I did cos not only was the check in girl a right grumpy cow and wasnt going to give us the extra.... it also got us extra baggage on our domestic flight from Glasgow to Manchester and with Jetstar in Oz

Its best to get confirmation....saves on stress at the airport

Good Luck to you all
xx
Old Sep 15th 2005, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Do children get the same allowance when they enter for the first time also? (we have 4 of them) or do they get a reduced amount?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am right at the beginning of all this...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.