Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

silver trowel / perth /school fees

silver trowel / perth /school fees

Old Sep 7th 2010, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

finbar will become famous soon enoughfinbar will become famous soon enough
Default Re: silver trowel / perth /school fees

hi, thanks and your right, i have just had a look and its on the wanted list (for now anyway) does anyone know any good migration agents in the north of england?
Old Sep 8th 2010, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Davesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to allDavesax is a name known to all

Hi Mate

I'm a wall and floor tiler , having done the STC course . I'm moving to Perth in May - if you want any help , PM me .

have a look at this forum www.tilersforums.co.uk . There are many threads on this subject . Some tilers are getting into aus on a self assessed visa , but it's not easy . I have a feeling you have to prove you have been in working in the trade for 4 years .

Anyway there is a migration expert on that site and i'm sure you'll find all the answers you need . Good luck.
Dave
Old Sep 8th 2010, 10:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by finbar
hi, thanks and your right, i have just had a look and its on the wanted list (for now anyway) does anyone know any good migration agents in the north of england?
https://www.mara.gov.au/agent/ARSear...x?FolderID=394

and also have a look at threads in the BE Immigration forum - there are several agents who post in there - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

Boesman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am currently doing my AQF111 through Silver trowel via Diamond Training. For any move to Oz you need that minimum of 4 years work experience and that is all I got plus hopefully this AQF in a few weeks. Someone has mentioned that TRA charges $4550, but on theier assessment form it still says $300. Hope I got it right

Also, what does a self assessment visa mean?

Cheers
Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Boesman
Hi, I am currently doing my AQF111 through Silver trowel via Diamond Training. For any move to Oz you need that minimum of 4 years work experience and that is all I got plus hopefully this AQF in a few weeks. Someone has mentioned that TRA charges $4550, but on theier assessment form it still says $300. Hope I got it right

Cheers
The $300 you see is for the first stage with TRA. There are 4.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Cheers
You need 4 years if applying from the UK but as a Student in Oz you needed to pass the course and have work experience associated with that to enable to start the process.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Are you in Oz? If you study in Oz you then have to do the job ready programme. The FIRST stage of that costs $300 so you can then get your next 18 month visa to work for a year. The TOTAL is $4550, including a stupid 'australian work place language and culture' course they want you to do!
If you didn't study in Oz then you would be doing the job ready programme.

I am assuming you are in the UK as the 4 years does not apply if you study in Oz (which is why many people do it) but the job ready programme does.