Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Silver By Mail UK Site

Silver By Mail UK Site

Old Mar 4th 2011, 8:54 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Silver By Mail UK Site

I have always loved this website http://www.silver.uk.com/ so when they had a 25% off sale recently, off ABSOLUTELY everything, my friend and I put in an order together to share our postage costs. Well, nearly a month later we are still awaiting our order. It has been sent already, days after the order was placed but nothing on this end. Could customs have seen the order as suspicious and have drilled through our lovely jewellery, or worse still, could they be sending us a HUGE bill for buying something from another country?! Anyone any thoughts on this???
Old Mar 4th 2011, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all
Default Re: Silver By Mail UK Site

i take it there is no tracking for it ??

if it doesnt turn up then i would imagine it is the shops problem and not yours , how did you pay ( credit card / paypal )

also i think they only charge you import duty on anything over $800 / $ 1000 ( not sure the correct value )

if customs do have it they will definately get in contact with you
Old Mar 4th 2011, 10:14 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve_kelly_and_boys
i take it there is no tracking for it ??

if it doesnt turn up then i would imagine it is the shops problem and not yours , how did you pay ( credit card / paypal )

also i think they only charge you import duty on anything over $800 / $ 1000 ( not sure the correct value )

if customs do have it they will definately get in contact with you
Tracking with Royal Mail to show it's got to Australia...my mate did the order so she has the tracking number etc. It's just over £100 so I think we're safe there lol

Here's hoping it's just delayed...boo hoo I want my stuff lol
Old Mar 4th 2011, 12:44 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

that's a great site mate and plenty of choice and cheaper than some of the stuff ive seen here

Hope you get it mate
Old Mar 4th 2011, 10:05 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
that's a great site mate and plenty of choice and cheaper than some of the stuff ive seen here

Hope you get it mate
Yeah I've bought some lovely stuff off it in the past, it's very good quality and that's the first time ever they've had 25% across the board, so it was far too tempting lol
Old Mar 4th 2011, 10:14 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Yeah I've bought some lovely stuff off it in the past, it's very good quality and that's the first time ever they've had 25% across the board, so it was far too tempting lol
there are some lovely pieces - was it expensive for postage?
Old Mar 4th 2011, 10:17 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

there are some lovely pieces - was it expensive for postage?
£10...they've extended the sale til the 8th, so get in there if ur interested lol
Old Mar 4th 2011, 10:20 pm

£10...they've extended the sale til the 8th, so get in there if ur interested lol
thats GREAT value

Fingers crossed it turns up next week mate
Old Mar 4th 2011, 10:59 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

thats GREAT value

Fingers crossed it turns up next week mate
Yeah I'd say they hopefully will or there'll be trouble lol
Old Mar 4th 2011, 11:10 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you get it mate
Sonly, if you love silver (as do I) you should check out these people http://www.linandsons.com/shop/index.asp

I've never ordered over the net (and it's not exactly a fancy site!) but I've bought tons of stuff from the Bangkok stores over the years, as have a lot of friends, and it's fab. They're well-established and I'd have no qualms about getting stuff shipped.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 11:18 pm

Yeah I'd say they hopefully will or there'll be trouble lol
hope for their sake they deliver mate

Originally Posted by Seasider
Sonly, if you love silver (as do I) you should check out these people http://www.linandsons.com/shop/index.asp

I've never ordered over the net (and it's not exactly a fancy site!) but I've bought tons of stuff from the Bangkok stores over the years, as have a lot of friends, and it's fab. They're well-established and I'd have no qualms about getting stuff shipped.
yay....im off for a gander, cheers mate
Old Mar 4th 2011, 11:40 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

We should have a Chicks' trip there
Old Mar 5th 2011, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Seasider
We should have a Chicks' trip there
god help the poor buggars if we did
Old Mar 5th 2011, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

You got me thinking. I bought some fantastic silver in Mexico so googled it. This lot look really good, and free freight http://www.essentiallysilver.com/index.html
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:37 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

The package sent first, mid-February, has just entered Australia in Brisbane today, the second parcel sent at the end of February was delivered today lol RANDOM!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.