Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Silliest UK hit ever

Silliest UK hit ever

Old Jan 24th 2004, 5:29 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by railman2404
black lace 12 inch version of superman
or fiddlers dram day trip to bangor
Personally, the x-rated version of Agadoo was far better.
Old Jan 24th 2004, 5:35 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by JoB
O think I am a tad older than you guys, How 'bowt these beauts.

Kelly Marie 'My head is in a spin'

DISCO 'ottawa'

Knock On Wood By????

And for you ldies you may remember a band who where on
Hughie Greens, I think it was called New Faces.

'Our Kid' with 'Don't look back you just might see me cry'.

Ooohhh those memories.

Jo
Knock on wood was by Ami Stewart
Old Jan 24th 2004, 5:48 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

me and my friend used to do a mean impression of ''mama, he's making eyes at me' !!!!!!
who sang that one??
(showing my age)

sue
Old Jan 24th 2004, 5:49 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
me and my friend used to do a mean impression of ''mama, he's making eyes at me' !!!!!!
who sang that one??
(showing my age)

sue
Lena Zavaroni
Old Jan 24th 2004, 5:51 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Lena Zavaroni

not bonnie langford then?
steve youre as old as me then!!

sue
Old Jan 24th 2004, 5:53 pm

anyone remember pans people on top of the pops doing their daft dances to the monster mash, and the bee song??

Old Jan 24th 2004, 6:35 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I've always remembered the first few lines to a song and I haven't a clue who it's by or what it's called....here goes then...

Step into a dream
and leave reality behind and take a ride
upon a rocket ship
we're going to freedom land

Freedom land it's just a fantasy
where magic mingles with the sun
carefree land.....

something something something..... can't remember anymore.
Help!
Old Jan 24th 2004, 6:53 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

anyone remember pans people on top of the pops doing their daft dances to the monster mash, and the bee song??

Pans People - yummy.

I was lucky enough to appear on stage with Babs & Co.

Oh the memories.....
Old Jan 24th 2004, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

" Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep "

" Justified ancients of moo moo "

And whats the song that starts with a fella shouting:

" WHY do you build me up, buttercup" with the emphasis on the scream/rant of the first word "why"!
Old Jan 24th 2004, 7:23 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot the most annoying song was by Laurie anderson, called "oh superman"
had this awful continual noise in the background (well not really background, it was part of the song)
Old Jan 24th 2004, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

We could get some good spin-offs from this thread:

1) songs played at weddings by a cheesy d.j.

2) Songs played last off at the school disco, when you'd grab the nearest minger for a snog.

3) Songs which remind you of sad stuff and reduce you to tears, whilst everyone around you thinks you're off your head - erm.. that's just me then
Old Jan 24th 2004, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

" I lost my heart to a star ship trouper "

Que - sarah brightman in WAY too tight spandex
Old Jan 24th 2004, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Silliest UK hit ever

wow....I remember hazel dean!!!

In the beginning was the world......!!!

sue

Sorry, but that was Hazel O'Connor, the song was 'Eighth Day', an absolute classic.

The only Hazel Dean song I remember was Searching, it went 'Searching (searching) looking for love' She had a different style altogether, and I'm being nice now.

Hazel O Connor was in a different league. Remember 'Will You?'
'You drink your coffee, and I'll sip my tea, and we're sitting here playing so cool, thinking, what will be will be. It's getting kinda late now, I wonder if you'll stay now, stay now, stay now, or will you just politely, say Goodnight'

Classic

As for bad records, anything by the Bay City Rollers although I own up to having a tartan cuff on my trousers, I was only little though, my mum made me do it, honest.

sandy
Old Jan 24th 2004, 7:57 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Ive got the hazel o'connor tune !!!

Bay city rollers LOL, you couldnt put your duffel coat in the cloak room at school coz the tartan lining would get ripped out !!!!!

Aimii Stewart also did version of the doors "light my fire". was called light my fire (137 disco heaven). the 137 presumably represented the beats per minute (BPM) which was an obsession in the disco era although 128 was the usual speed of the songs

what about the gap band "oops upside your head" ? full title:
"I dont believe that you want to get up and dance", also known in the clubs as the "rowing boat song" because youd sit on the dirty beer stained dance floor all together and do some silly rowing motions !!!

ummmm.... thinking about it, simon and garfunkels hit "cecilia" has to be right up there with the silliest. I mean the lines:

Making love in the afternoon with Cecilia
Up in my bedroom,
I got up to wash my face
When I come back to bed,
Someone's taken my place.

Then he goes on to beg her to come back to him !!
Really now, is this guy serious !!!!
He just finishes shagging his bird, goes to wash his face and then when he returns shes shaggin someone else LMAO
Old Jan 24th 2004, 8:35 pm

Default Re: Silliest UK hit ever

Originally posted by Sandy.l
Sorry, but that was Hazel O'Connor, the song was 'Eighth Day', an absolute classic.

The only Hazel Dean song I remember was Searching, it went 'Searching (searching) looking for love' She had a different style altogether, and I'm being nice now.

Hazel O Connor was in a different league. Remember 'Will You?'
'You drink your coffee, and I'll sip my tea, and we're sitting here playing so cool, thinking, what will be will be. It's getting kinda late now, I wonder if you'll stay now, stay now, stay now, or will you just politely, say Goodnight'

Classic

As for bad records, anything by the Bay City Rollers although I own up to having a tartan cuff on my trousers, I was only little though, my mum made me do it, honest.

sandy

sorry...so it was....doh!!!!!
wasnt hazel dean the one with the short flicked hair??

sue

(80's chick but living proof that your memory cells die during pregnancy!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.