Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about
Question Re: Sign up now for next Brisbane Girls Night Out!

Is anyone going from the sunshine coast that i could possibly share a lift with ?
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:12 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Sign up now for next Brisbane Girls Night Out!

Originally Posted by jwinch
Is anyone going from the sunshine coast that i could possibly share a lift with ?

whereabouts are you?

There are a couple of people from Northside Brissie going, and one coming down from near Gympie. Something can be arranged I'm sure
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

jwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura aboutjwinch has a spectacular aura about

Mooloolaba

QUOTE=mlbonner]whereabouts are you?

There are a couple of people from Northside Brissie going, and one coming down from near Gympie. Something can be arranged I'm sure [/QUOTE]
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:14 pm
Sharon

sharon ann is on a distinguished road

Hi there
just read your invitation- not there yet but hope to be in April/May. It sounds like a fantastic idea so sign me up for the next time.

My sister's just moved from Adelaide to Brisbane and is hoping to settle in The Gap so I'm sure she'd be up for a girls night-out she knows no-one yet

As soon as she is online I'll let her know about the site- I've not long discovered it myself.

Hope to see you soon

Sharon
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:31 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by sharon ann
Hi there
just read your invitation- not there yet but hope to be in April/May. It sounds like a fantastic idea so sign me up for the next time.

My sister's just moved from Adelaide to Brisbane and is hoping to settle in The Gap so I'm sure she'd be up for a girls night-out she knows no-one yet

As soon as she is online I'll let her know about the site- I've not long discovered it myself.

Hope to see you soon

Sharon

I think ProofReader lives in The Gap, so get your sister online

See you in April!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:32 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by jwinch
Mooloolaba

Ooooooo, its nice up there. We'll get our thinking caps on and see if we can't get you down here!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:37 pm
Sharon

sharon ann is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mlbonner
I think ProofReader lives in The Gap, so get your sister online

See you in April!
Yep I will I can't believe she hasn't used this site before!!

It's answered loads of questions and given me a laugh at the same time.

Can't wait to get there but will miss friends/family so if girls nights out are a regular thing it would be great. Nothing like it -is there?!

Sharon
Old Feb 1st 2005, 9:41 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by sharon ann
Yep I will I can't believe she hasn't used this site before!!

It's answered loads of questions and given me a laugh at the same time.

Can't wait to get there but will miss friends/family so if girls nights out are a regular thing it would be great. Nothing like it -is there?!

Sharon

Pretty regular. We went to see The Full Monty a few weeks ago, then there was a night out the week after that, and the next one is scheduled for 26th Feb
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:38 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ProofReader
Oh, okaaaaaaay ... *sigh ... I sssssppppose you'll twist my arm into sharing a bottle of red?!

How about Gilhooleys Downtown? It's usually a tad quieter than the main one, ie can hopefully talk over the top of the racket! It's located next to St Stephens Cathedral in Elizabeth Street near the corner of Creek Street. From Central Station, you just cut through Post Office Square, through the walkway beside the GPO and, Bob's yer uncle, you're there!

If any of the boys do lob up, we can let them lose on the round snooker table there too!

um, im not coming - being in the uk and all that.... - but that website for Gilhooleys downtown says its closed down!!

have a good time girls....odnt forget we wanna see the pics!

Sue
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
um, im not coming - being in the uk and all that.... - but that website for Gilhooleys downtown says its closed down!!

Sue
Back to the same old venue then girls, or do we have a good suggestion of anywhere else??

Michelle, I'm dying for decent crisps again, shall I order you some Monster Munch while I'm at it?

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 2nd 2005 at 9:48 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:55 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

YES! We wanna see the pics!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be joining you all but for the small matter of my 'lovely' house that seems to be zapping my life away....

Petra

P.s Don't forget the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:02 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Michelle, I'm dying for decent crisps again, shall I order you some Monster Munch while I'm at it?

I had to laugh out loud at this!!
Girls night out....drinking, cavorting.......and all the monster munch you can eat!!!

Have you noticed monster munch are much smaller than they used to be? I finished a packet off for one of the kids the other day (as you do ) and I thought they seemed tiny compared to the huge things they used to be?

or is it my mouth thats shrinking????

answers on a postcard please
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:06 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Have you noticed monster munch are much smaller than they used to be? I finished a packet off for one of the kids the other day (as you do ) and I thought they seemed tiny compared to the huge things they used to be?

or is it my mouth thats shrinking????
Nope I'm afraid your gob's just got bigger....
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by artep
Nope I'm afraid your gob's just got bigger....

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:24 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

.... - but that website for Gilhooleys downtown says its closed down!!
Closed down??? Ouch!

Actually I just checked their site and it's only closed 'until further notice' ... mutter, mumble, grumble. Sorry Sue, I had to check cos I'd just received my Gilhooleys club newsletter and it didn't say anything in there about this.

Well ladies, one other alternative I could suggest is The Victory Hotel on the corner of Edward and Charlotte Streets. It has a great beer garden (entrance off Charlotte Street), does food 'til 21:00 (9pm) and has entertainment on weekends. If we get in early-ish, we'll get a table for sure. Any thoughts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.