Reload this Page >

Sidney public school (primary)

Sidney public school (primary)

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

ifriend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sidney public school (primary)

Dear All,

I am the new comer. Hope that someone can help me. Thanks.

I would like to know some information about the public school (primary) in Sidney. E.g. Ranking? Environment? In which district? etc....

Is there any good public schools in Sidney?

In addition, my daughter is 6 years old now. Which class level will she study? kindergarten or Primary ?

What age should a child start to go to school?

Many thanks.

ifriend

Last edited by ifriend; Mar 2nd 2004 at 7:20 am.
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sidney public school (primary)

Originally posted by ifriend
Dear All,

I would like to know some information about the public school (primary) in Sidney. E.g. Ranking? Environment? In which district? etc....

In addition, my daughter is 6 years old now. Which class level will she study? kindergarten or Primary ?

Many thanks.

ifriend
Try this as a starting point for SYdney schools:

http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au/

OzTennis
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 8:42 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sidney public school (primary)

Dear All,

Many thanks.

ifriend
Where are you hoping to live in Sydney?
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Sydney public school (primary)

bondipom,

Schools are the big issue to decide where my family stay. In addition, the rental fee of house is the other issue will affect my decision. Therefore, I need to find more information about schools and rental fee in Sydney.

ifriend

Originally posted by bondipom
Where are you hoping to live in Sydney?
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 1:12 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

bondipom,

Schools are the big issue to decide where my family stay. In addition, the rental fee of house is the other issue will affect my decision. Therefore, I need to find more information about schools and rental fee in Sydney.

ifriend
For primary I believe you will have very little issue in getting a good school.

The question is asked because you might have other needs - where are you going to work - what do you work at? Do you like beaches - or country visits. Will you both drive - or have you a budget on house price.

There are great primary schools near me, and in most areas - it is only when it comes to later ages that the types of school might might have more effect. At six your child is very young to make a decision for your whole family about a single school?

My opinion only
Old Mar 4th 2004, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

OzTennis,

The link is very useful. Thank you.

Sandra,

Thank you for your advice.

I know that all primary school have a designated local enrolment area and I heard that a good area will have a good school. Is that true?

Actually, I am waiting for granted a visa. I only been travelled in Sydney 10 days before. Therefore, I need to find more information about Sydney. My ideal district should be peace, safe, good environment. May be my thinking of mind is too narrow. I think there may have some important things I should concern. But how can I plan? What way to start? etc........ Anyone can help?

ifriend

Last edited by ifriend; Mar 4th 2004 at 7:02 am.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:43 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

My ideal district should be peace, safe, good environment. May be my thinking of mind is too narrow. I think there may have some important things I should concern. But how can I plan? What way to start? etc........ Anyone can help?

ifriend
ifriend

How much can you afford to pay for house purchase or rental? This will ultimately decide where you can afford to live and then in turn which schools are available. What is your budget?

Try here for properties in your budget:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&t=ren&snf=rbs

Then once you get some suburb names ask again here for advice from the Syndeysiders. Good luck, Sydney is not cheap
Old Mar 4th 2004, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

jayr,

Thank you. Initially, I will rent the house. What is the average rental fee in Sydney? Is it a huge different between each suburb? I think I need to take some times to study the link which you give me.

ifriend

Originally posted by jayr
ifriend

How much can you afford to pay for house purchase or rental? This will ultimately decide where you can afford to live and then in turn which schools are available. What is your budget?

Try here for properties in your budget:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&t=ren&snf=rbs

Then once you get some suburb names ask again here for advice from the Syndeysiders. Good luck, Sydney is not cheap
Old Mar 4th 2004, 8:17 am

jayr,

Thank you. Initially, I will rent the house. What is the average rental fee in Sydney? Is it a huge different between each suburb?

ifriend
Sydney is a big place with hugely varying suburbs. You really need to provide us with a budget, size and transport requirement. I pay $300 a week for a 2 bedroom flat near the beach and 40 mins by public transport to the CBD. Go out way into the suburbs and you'll get a house for that money.

The best suburbs could be out of your price range.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 8:41 am
ABCDiamond

Sydney is a big place with hugely varying suburbs. You really need to provide us with a budget, size and transport requirement. I pay $300 a week for a 2 bedroom flat near the beach and 40 mins by public transport to the CBD. Go out way into the suburbs and you'll get a house for that money.

There's a nice 3 bed place in Mosman for $2,000 per week

Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

bondipom,

Yes, you are right. I think I can afford $400 per week for rental the house. I have two daughters, so I think 2 or 3 bedroom is OK for me.

In addition, what the different between "Flat", "Apartment", "Unit", "Townhouse" & "House"? I see the photo in "www.realestate.com.au", each photo is very similar.

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
There's a nice 3 bed place in Mosman for $2,000 per week
ABCDiamond,

Is Mosman is a good place? $2,000 per week. WOH!

Thanks.

Jessica
Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:23 am

bondipom,

Yes, you are right. I think I can afford $400 per week for rental the house. I have two daughters, so I think 2 or 3 bedroom is OK for me.

In addition, what the different between "Flat", "Apartment", "Unit", "Townhouse" & "House"? I see the photo in "www.realestate.com.au", each photo is very similar.

ABCDiamond,

Thanks.

Jessica
Flats, apartments and units are pretty much the same thing. I am not sure what the difference between a townhouse and a house is.

Mosman water views come at a price. As I live in Eastern Burbs I won't be of much help. I will post the link of another recent thread regarding Sydney property.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:25 am

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=213856
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=214721

Last edited by bondipom; Mar 5th 2004 at 7:30 am.
Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:31 am
ABCDiamond

Flats, apartments and units are pretty much the same thing. I am not sure what the difference between a townhouse and a house is.
The difference that I have come to understand between Townhouse and House, is:

Townhouse: A terraced house, normally three or more houses joined together with common walls and roof.

House: A freestanding single dwelling house.

Duplex: Two houses joined together with common walls and roof.

Old Mar 5th 2004, 7:34 am
ABCDiamond

ABCDiamond,

Thanks.

Jessica
I've never lived there, but from the rents they charge, I would hope it is a good place

It's also very close to the CBD.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.