Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should we still consider moving to Perth?

Wikiposts

Should we still consider moving to Perth?

Old Mar 30th 2011, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should we still consider moving to Perth?

Originally Posted by Weebie
Although ur statement is accurate it proves how important location is in this city and what your seeming to miss is that in Europe people will take on facevalue but in Australia they won't. (Canada is also similar)

The reality is that if you pay the 350-500k to live in a outer suburb you are a piece of shit to the locals that's all.
I still don't understand why anybody would care what weeblie and his ilk, think of anything
let's face it, these type of idiots are not unique to Perth and would we care about their opinions elsewhere in the world?
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
I still don't understand why anybody would care what weeblie and his ilk, think of anything
let's face it, these type of idiots are not unique to Perth and would we care about their opinions elsewhere in the world?
Thing being of course is that weebie has a point in that many folk out their do indeed believe that to be the case.

Begs the question why some folk appear a little peeved by such a suggestion with regards to what others may or may not think.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:15 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Thing being of course is that weebie has a point in that many folk out their do indeed believe that to be the case.
I've never been to Perth but I struggle with the concept that's it can be so dramatically more snooty than other places. I could imagine there are a swag of nouveau riche types about there, I could imagine those people being like that...but as others have said, who cares what they think?

It's different if it starts to lead on to people not getting jobs or being interviewed because of where they live or what school they went to...but I've known that to happen in Brisbane & Melbourne too.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:17 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Melbourne is worst.

It's just you are in St Kilda which is a travellers and young peoples hotspot. Wait until you can't afford to buy a house there and move out to the suburbs then you'll know.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I've never been to Perth but I struggle with the concept that's it can be so dramatically more snooty than other places. .
+1

There is nothing new or different about this attitude, Bob Hawke PM while the member for Wills (Coburg -Brunswick area ) always lived in Trak - because he said the schools were better.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

I've never been to Perth but I struggle with the concept that's it can be so dramatically more snooty than other places. I could imagine there are a swag of nouveau riche types about there, I could imagine those people being like that...but as others have said, who cares what they think?

It's different if it starts to lead on to people not getting jobs or being interviewed because of where they live or what school they went to...but I've known that to happen in Brisbane & Melbourne too.
I've been in Perth for nearly 3 years now and spent 2 covering parts of the western suburbs as part of my job. Although it is a fairly pleasant area, I'm at a loss as to why anybody would be "snooty" about living there, though I agree, some people obviously are
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:40 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Melbourne is worst.

It's just you are in St Kilda which is a travellers and young peoples hotspot. Wait until you can't afford to buy a house there and move out to the suburbs then you'll know.
Yes, and I've never been out of St Kilda or know anyone who lives in other suburbs.

Perhaps it's just that you are one of these snobs you relentlessly talk about.

Why would I be forced to move out to the outer suburbs?
Old Mar 31st 2011, 3:49 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, and I've never been out of St Kilda or know anyone who lives in other suburbs.

Perhaps it's just that you are one of these snobs you relentlessly talk about.

Why would I be forced to move out to the outer suburbs?
DO you have a couple mill spare?
Old Mar 31st 2011, 3:55 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Why? You don't need a couple of mill to buy a house here.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Wow, rents have increased to that extent?, or will he be forced to buy?
Old Mar 31st 2011, 4:08 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Fluid36
Wow, rents have increased to that extent?, or will he be forced to buy?
What do you mean 'will he'? We're mortgaged to the hilt...all $90k of it.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

What do you mean 'will he'? We're mortgaged to the hilt...all $90k of it.
Sweet - even better.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 4:20 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Fluid36
Sweet - even better.
Just hoping Weebie will respect me

I suspect he's going to need an address, floorplan and an appointment with the bank manager first though.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 4:23 pm
Banned

Why? You don't need a couple of mill to buy a house here.
A house...yes.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 4:24 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

A house...yes.
A house...no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.