Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should We Sell Yet???

Should We Sell Yet???

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Should We Sell Yet???

Hi to you all,
Just wondering if any one outthere has sold there house before knowing they have got thier visa, is it wise??
We have had our TRA approved and sent 47sk of. We are on skilled independant on MODL.
Appart from all going well with meds and pcc ckecks is there much chance off getting knocked back by dimmia, as i would be really gutted if the house got sold and we didn,t get our visa,s :scared: .
All replys greatfully appreciated
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 6:52 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should We Sell Yet???

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Hi to you all,
Just wondering if any one outthere has sold there house before knowing they have got thier visa, is it wise??
We have had our TRA approved and sent 47sk of. We are on skilled independant on MODL.
Appart from all going well with meds and pcc ckecks is there much chance off getting knocked back by dimmia, as i would be really gutted if the house got sold and we didn,t get our visa,s :scared: .

I think it depends what tthe housing market is like in your area!!

Our visa is due any day now (hopefully) so we put our house on the market last week is sold already although I will not sign or exchange contracts until i have the visa safely in my passport!!

I know some have had a nightmare selling and wish they had put there houses on the market earlier!!

speak to some estate agents to see how the market is in your area!!

Good Luck

Kris xx
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kris maynard
I think it depends what tthe housing market is like in your area!!

Our visa is due any day now (hopefully) so we put our house on the market last week is sold already although I will not sign or exchange contracts until i have the visa safely in my passport!!

I know some have had a nightmare selling and wish they had put there houses on the market earlier!!

speak to some estate agents to see how the market is in your area!!

Good Luck

Kris xx

Good advice, we waited til we had our visa as they sell really fast round here. Also market picks up after xmas. Been told by estate agent that the best time to sell is either now or in the summer. HTH
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:29 pm
sunseekers

sunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to allsunseekers is a name known to all

Hi to you all,
we are in exactly the same boat and we put ours on the market this week , we put ours on for a couple of thou more than its value ,so if it goes early we can afford to rent for a while if not we can drop the price later on , we were also told this was the best time to sell x
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:32 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

It wouldn't hurt to put your house on the market and in the meantime, if you get a buyer, then you can exchange when you get the visa

Best of luck to you

Rob

Hi to you all,
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Well I sold my house in July 2004, got my visa August last year. Moving out March this year!

I put it on the market in Feb, I was under offer in three weeks ... now is the best time for selling!!
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:08 pm
Springbok

Springbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to allSpringbok is a name known to all

SELL
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chilliman
Well I sold my house in July 2004, got my visa August last year. Moving out March this year!

I put it on the market in Feb, I was under offer in three weeks ... now is the best time for selling!!
Thanks for all your replys it is good food for thought
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Springbok
SELL
God you made that sound so easy
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:19 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your replys it is good food for thought

A few people have put their houses on and sold before getting the Visa, Bridiej was one, fortunatley her visa turned up almost to the day of them completing on the house! (phew)

It seems to be the norm!

OHippy has also sold hers (well accepted offer) with her visa application sent just over a month or so ago
Must admit we probably will too, if we ever get passed the bloody TRA stage!
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by alan and sam
A few people have put their houses on and sold before getting the Visa, Bridiej was one, fortunatley her visa turned up almost to the day of them completing on the house! (phew)

It seems to be the norm!

OHippy has also sold hers (well accepted offer) with her visa application sent just over a month or so ago
Must admit we probably will too, if we ever get passed the bloody TRA stage!
Keep smiling alan and sam just seen the TRA fairy heading your way
good luck
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 8:30 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Keep smiling alan and sam just seen the TRA fairy heading your way
good luck

Thank you, i'll put the landing lights on for her!

Now sell the house