Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should we move from UK to Australia/NZ?

Should we move from UK to Australia/NZ?

Old Aug 30th 2004, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

Cal B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Should we move from UK to Australia/NZ?

Dear All,
I have been wondering for many months now whether to emigrate to either Australia or New Zealand with my family.It was mainly brought on by the fact that we now have two children and we just wanted the best possible start in life for them,as most parents want for their children.
I have now decided from joining this forum,that it would not have been right for me and my family and I just wanted to thank anyone who has given me invaluable advice/information which has led me to reach my decision.
Cheers and good luck to all of you who have made the break.I hope it works out well for you.
Cal
XXX
Old Aug 30th 2004, 11:13 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Should we move from UK to Australia/NZ?

Cal

Out of interest, what major things helped in making your decision ?

Old Aug 30th 2004, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

Cal B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Cal

Out of interest, what major things helped in making your decision ?
Hello ABC Diamond,
Overall,I suppose I thought that the grass would be greener on the other side but from chatting to people first hand who are there or have been living there,I realise that both Oz and NZ have there problems like we do here.I know that was very naive of me but that's me,I'm afraid!
Cal
xxx
Old Aug 31st 2004, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

It's good that you have made up your minds and can now get on with your lives! I think that the worst thing is to drag out decisions for years and have all kinds of regrets.

All the best The UK is great too!
Old Aug 31st 2004, 5:40 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Cal B
Dear All,
I have been wondering for many months now whether to emigrate to either Australia or New Zealand with my family.It was mainly brought on by the fact that we now have two children and we just wanted the best possible start in life for them,as most parents want for their children.
I have now decided from joining this forum,that it would not have been right for me and my family and I just wanted to thank anyone who has given me invaluable advice/information which has led me to reach my decision.
Cheers and good luck to all of you who have made the break.I hope it works out well for you.
Cal
XXX
Cal,
It's certainly a big decision that brings it's own stresses.
Did you have a look aroud Oz / NZ?
You should remember that it's different for everyone and that nothing is permamant, you can live where ever you won't. 2 years in Oz and an Oz passport also allows you to live in NZ. You also retain your UK passport and as such can live anywhere in the UK or EU.

Bye
Mark
(Too many possibilities to think of, I think I'll just spend the next 4 uears visiting everywhere! Off to Sydney on Wednesday )