Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should I take my static caravan?

Should I take my static caravan?

Old Mar 16th 2006, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

debs & mark is a jewel in the roughdebs & mark is a jewel in the roughdebs & mark is a jewel in the roughdebs & mark is a jewel in the rough
Question Should I take my static caravan?

I know this sounds mad but we have a static caravan sited. Do you know of any other person that has taken their caravan with them. I was thinking with the money we will loose selling it, we could take it with us and have it sited over in Perth and live in it until we find our feet and get to know which area we want to live in. Then we could sell it or rent it out to other people. Am I mad thinking this. If anyone has any info that would be really great.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 8:12 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I take my static caravan?

Originally Posted by debs & mark
I know this sounds mad but we have a static caravan sited. Do you know of any other person that has taken their caravan with them. I was thinking with the money we will loose selling it, we could take it with us and have it sited over in Perth and live in it until we find our feet and get to know which area we want to live in. Then we could sell it or rent it out to other people. Am I mad thinking this. If anyone has any info that would be really great.
Have you really thought this through?

Firstly it costs an awful lot to have a caravan moved. Then you would have to find a container big enough to fit it in. Then you would have to pay import tax, you would also need to find somewhere to site.

OK so you would lose money selling it, but you would also lose money taking it with you, not to mention the added aggro of getting it clean enough inside and out to please the guys down at AQIS.

Just my thoughts, perhaps some other better informed person could tell you better than I
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:19 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Cock

There's been some funny posts on the forum, but I p!ssed myself just reading the title of this thread.

If you're actually as serious as you sound, I would certainly take Mrs Fan's advice and think very carefully about the time and expense involved. Rather than sell up, could you not rent it out for 6 months of the year to at least provide some income?
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:21 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn
Cock

There's been some funny posts on the forum, but I p!ssed myself just reading the title of this thread.

If you're actually as serious as you sound, I would certainly take Mrs Fan's advice and think very carefully about the time and expense involved. Rather than sell up, could you not rent it out for 6 months of the year to at least provide some income?
Lewis! Stop it! Stop it now! We could be in danger of getting along

x
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:28 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Totally - I just spat my bourbon and coke all over the monitor!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:31 pm
Where I want to be

Originally Posted by Hutch

Eeew, it will be all sticky now!! Better wipe it up quick!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch

What a waste!!! tsk tsk.....
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:34 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Lewis! Stop it! Stop it now! We could be in danger of getting along

x
Should I send a really offensive PM to redeem myself?
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:35 pm
Where I want to be

Should I send a really offensive PM to redeem myself?
:scared:
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:34 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by debs & mark
I know this sounds mad
Yep

I think that once you get all the costings done, you would probably agree with your first words

It does make you wonder though, as just about all a persons belongings could fit in it, but as has been said, finding a container that it would go in may be tricky.

I also know how much you lose on those things when selling them, so I can see the temptation for your thinking. I think only a moving company would have your answer though.