Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should I stay or should I go??

Wikiposts

Should I stay or should I go??

Old Sep 13th 2003, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Angry Should I stay or should I go??

This is an interesting thread I was reading. This grandparents thing really makes it difficult and although I am overseas I am still only 3 1/2 hours away by plane instead of 24!

Debs
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=128286
Old Sep 13th 2003, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

From the post you refer to I think this was a very valid point.
The nature of my husband's work means he comes in contact with many senior citizens and he finds it very sad to find that many came out here to raise a family only to see their offspring grow and return to the Uk, marry and settle there leaving them to live a very lonely life here. There are also those who feel trapped now that the children they brought out here are now teenagers who have friends here and don't want to go back yet the parents would in a minute. Our children are still young enough to be able to adapt to a big move but I wouldn't like to be in a sutuation of having no option but to stay here.
Old Sep 13th 2003, 7:50 pm
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should I stay or should I go??

Originally posted by debsy
This is an interesting thread I was reading. This grandparents thing really makes it difficult and although I am overseas I am still only 3 1/2 hours away by plane instead of 24!

Debs
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=128286
Hi Debs,
Certainly makes you think eh, I have quite a few friends who are currently moving to spain for this very reason, Oz is just sooo far away.

suz