Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should I or Shouldn't I??????

Should I or Shouldn't I??????

Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:10 am
Curse you aqua scum

PaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant future
Smile Should I or Shouldn't I??????

You prabally all know Mr Paddyhaha, but Mrs PHH is giving you this dilema - I'm adopted - I know who my birth mother is and I know where she lives. She has previously ignored all attempts I've made to contact her (by letter), should I just turn up to say "hello" before we go to Oz (this has been on my mind for the last 35 years!) or should I just leave with no regrets. Mrs PHH
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:21 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I or Shouldn't I??????

Difficult, but I really think leave with no regrets. If you're sure she's got and ignored all your previous letters, then probably she doesn't want to meet. You could be risking an unpleasant confrontation.

Probably best just to keep sending the letters and let her know your whereabouts so that one day if she decides to make contact she can.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaddyHaHa
You prabally all know Mr Paddyhaha, but Mrs PHH is giving you this dilema - I'm adopted - I know who my birth mother is and I know where she lives. She has previously ignored all attempts I've made to contact her (by letter), should I just turn up to say "hello" before we go to Oz (this has been on my mind for the last 35 years!) or should I just leave with no regrets. Mrs PHH
If its been on your mind for the last 35 years, which is entirely understandable, are you able to leave with 'no regrets'?

Andy
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:07 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Very difficult this and I sympathise with you. However have you thought it through? Your mother probably has a another family and may not have told them that she has an adopted daughter. As hard as this maybe to live with do you really wish to knock on the door say hi and walk away knowing that you may have caused total mayhem for another family?

Why don't you give it one last try with a letter saying that you are leaving and that this is the last chance she will have to meet you after that she will never have the chance to see or hear from you again.

I wish you well for your new life in OZ and above all peace of mind in whatever decission you make.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:55 am

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would leave with no regrets, you have tried and she has not acknowledge your attempts, for reasons only know to her. Don't give it another thought and enjoy your new life on OZ.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:42 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh! What a dilemma

I think you need to look at the possible scenarios.

If you turn up to see your Mother and she slams the door in your face and doesn't want to know how will that make you feel? Having ignored all your previous letters this is a real possibility.
Equally if she welcomes you with open arms and then you go to the other side of the world - how will you feel?

If you go with out seeing her will you be able to put it out of your mind and get on with life with no regrets?

Good luck and let us know how you get on
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your situation but I really don't think your going to find your answer on here. Sit down somewhere quiet with a nice cup of tea and just have a think.

Think through all the possibilities and all the different outcomes and what you truly want and what would make you happy. If you are still undecided talk to your husband or best friend - someone who really knows you.

All the best whatever you decide to do... xxxx
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:54 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Leave a nice card

Sorry you have not felt able to return my previous correspondence. After winning lotto I have felt a major change needed in my life and therefore are heading downunder for a new life in Oz

Good bye

Your R the Weakest Link
(sorry the last bit is me)
Old Sep 5th 2008, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Sorry to hear your situation but I really don't think your going to find your answer on here. Sit down somewhere quiet with a nice cup of tea and just have a think.

Think through all the possibilities and all the different outcomes and what you truly want and what would make you happy. If you are still undecided talk to your husband or best friend - someone who really knows you.

All the best whatever you decide to do... xxxx
Nice.