Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Should I get excited?????

Should I get excited?????

Old Oct 22nd 2005, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Should I get excited?????

Well just had another viewing on house and this guy is very interested. He's a good position as he's sold and has to move out of his house on friday. He came over with his brother, loves the house and spent an hour and a half going from room to room, sitting on the sofa to watch TV (yes I worried too) and planning an extension. Another couple turned up to view so we had to usher him out! He said he'd talk to the estate agent. This is the first time we've had REAL interest in the house, do we get excited and start finalising the move or are there loads of peeps that get your hopes up only to let you down? have sat by the phone since he left and no calls yet from agents! Feel in limbo and just want to know. He even showed us all the mortgage paperwork he had to prove he was genuine? Maybe I should just chill and drink alcohol!
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 3:21 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should I get excited?????

Well it certainly sounds promising! (Although dont count your chickens....)

Lets hope we both have some good news soon re our houses!

Lucy
xx
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 3:23 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glittababe
Well just had another viewing on house and this guy is very interested. He's a good position as he's sold and has to move out of his house on friday. He came over with his brother, loves the house and spent an hour and a half going from room to room, sitting on the sofa to watch TV (yes I worried too) and planning an extension. Another couple turned up to view so we had to usher him out! He said he'd talk to the estate agent. This is the first time we've had REAL interest in the house, do we get excited and start finalising the move or are there loads of peeps that get your hopes up only to let you down? have sat by the phone since he left and no calls yet from agents! Feel in limbo and just want to know. He even showed us all the mortgage paperwork he had to prove he was genuine? Maybe I should just chill and drink alcohol!
ring the agent and ask if any feed back.
He sounds a bit weird though ! insist the agent do all veiwings even if your in i think thats safer !!!
Otherwise what are you paying them for ????
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
Well it certainly sounds promising! (Although dont count your chickens....)

Lets hope we both have some good news soon re our houses!

Lucy
xx
Well I suppose promising is better than nothing. Had quite a few viewings now we've gone multi agency, have to say most are carpet treaders. One guy couldn't even afford the property but just fancied a look at waht he could get if he earnt just that little bit more! Sad sod!
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Perthforme
ring the agent and ask if any feed back.
He sounds a bit weird though ! insist the agent do all veiwings even if your in i think thats safer !!!
Otherwise what are you paying them for ????
good point! I wouldn't say 'weird' more 'enthusiastic'! He was trying to imagine 'living' in the house. I should have left him to it to cook the kids their tea, do the ironing, clean up for the next viewings etc etc
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 3:27 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

good point! I wouldn't say 'weird' more 'enthusiastic'! He was trying to imagine 'living' in the house. I should have left him to it to cook the kids their tea, do the ironing, clean up for the next viewings etc etc
LOL
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 5:37 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I should just chill and drink alcohol!

sounds like a good plan......i'll get my coat!!!

seriously though, it must be doubly frustrating for you - i will keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

sue
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 3:45 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Fingers crossed for you
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bridiej
Fingers crossed for you
well i haven't called the agents yet. Left it overnight as Mark didn't want to appear 'pushy'. Ah well we'll wait and see. Maybe he was ok when he was here, left and thought 'nahh i don't want it afterall'. I've had moments like that so I can't slate the man! Back to the drawing board!
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:25 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

House selling k on its way