Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shortest/longest day

shortest/longest day

Old Jun 18th 2005, 6:15 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default shortest/longest day

I am happy to report for those in AU who are freezing there butts off that next tuesday 21 June is the shortest day of the year and it is officially onwards and upwards to spring from there on in.

huge appologies for those in the northern hemisphere who are the other way round and not looking forward to the coming winter
Kala
Old Jun 18th 2005, 6:21 pm
Merlot

Default Re: shortest/longest day

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I am happy to report for those in AU who are freezing there butts off that next tuesday 21 June is the shortest day of the year and it is officially onwards and upwards to spring from there on in.

huge appologies for those in the northern hemisphere who are the other way round and not looking forward to the coming winter
Kala
Always a downward spiral to bad weather here in the UK.

M

Old Jun 18th 2005, 6:26 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Merlot
Always a downward spiral to bad weather here in the UK.

M

I know but I am one of the weirdo's that actually preffers the Uk winter to the AU (Mid West Coast) summer, too damn hot for me here in summer.

been all rugged up in my hat, scarf, jumpers and (dare I say it ) UGG boots for the last 2 weeks.

1 good reason for living in the country is that it is fully acceptable to wear Ugg boots, which although are highly unatractive they are very very comfortable and practical.

K
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:25 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

I know but I am one of the weirdo's that actually preffers the Uk winter to the AU (Mid West Coast) summer, too damn hot for me here in summer.

been all rugged up in my hat, scarf, jumpers and (dare I say it ) UGG boots for the last 2 weeks.

1 good reason for living in the country is that it is fully acceptable to wear Ugg boots, which although are highly unatractive they are very very comfortable and practical.

K
I once got halfway to the shopping centre and realised that i still had my ugg boots on. they are sooooo comfy, just bundled the kids in the car and off i went.
The kids weren't too happy at being made to go all the way back, but can you imagine the looks i would have got in sydney
Old Jun 19th 2005, 1:05 am
ABCDiamond

Kala
That means I will be able to stop using the Heating soon then ? But I only started to use it 2 days ago !!

I have a feeling that I may be using it for a few more weeks yet though

Old Jun 19th 2005, 2:56 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Kala
YEp, the days will be getting longer, but it can still get this cold in August....

Max 15 today, and 3 tonight I believe
It's about 12 degrees in our house these days(finally found a thermometer).
Old Jun 19th 2005, 3:00 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

yip, cant wait until the weather starts to heat up here, its amazing but i never thought Australia could get so cold !!!!!!!
ive had to put electric blankets and flannelette sheets on all beds and had to resort to wearing a nice fetching pair of pink/purple flannelette pyjamas in bed (much to my hubbys disgust!!!) becasue its soo damn cold during the night
so roll on summer
Old Jun 19th 2005, 3:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

This may sound crazy, but isn't it WONDERFUL to feel cold!!!!

Like Kala I prefer a UK winter,to an Aus summer - don't like the extremes of heat at all. Right now its lovely here, going out early yesterday when it had been down to 4 degrees overnight was great, and I am really making the most of it as I know it won't last.
Enjoy the cold - it'll be 35 degrees again before you know it
Old Jun 19th 2005, 3:07 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Pollyana
This may sound crazy, but isn't it WONDERFUL to feel cold!!!!
I'll agree you are crazy, and No it's not wonderful to be cold

We are all so different aren't we

Old Jun 19th 2005, 3:09 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

the autumn weathers pretty good, more like a uk summer, nice warm days, not too hot, but yeah in the summer the heat can be a bit overbearing.. like if you park your car outside and nip into a shop for something, and you go back into the car and prompty lose half the skin on your hands from the heat of the steering wheel :scared:
but the one thing the uk summers have thats better than Aus... daylight till 10pm plus, i miss that. (thats not a complaint though )
Old Jun 19th 2005, 3:18 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
but the one thing the uk summers have thats better than Aus... daylight till 10pm plus, i miss that. (thats not a complaint though )
Easily fixed by changing the clocks by 3 hours in Summer:

Current Brisbane Sunrise and Sunset
Jan 1st SunRise 04:56am Set 6:47pm

With 3 hour daylight saving brought in, would equal
Jan 1st SunRise 07:56am Set 9:47pm

Old Jun 19th 2005, 3:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I'll agree you are crazy,
Someone had to say it
Old Jun 19th 2005, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Kala

Yeeee-haa!!!! Although, I'm loving my new cosy pjs from 'Tar-get'!!
Old Jun 19th 2005, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
yip, cant wait until the weather starts to heat up here, its amazing but i never thought Australia could get so cold !!!!!!!
ive had to put electric blankets and flannelette sheets on all beds and had to resort to wearing a nice fetching pair of pink/purple flannelette pyjamas in bed (much to my hubbys disgust!!!) becasue its soo damn cold during the night
so roll on summer
Yup, I've got my cosy pjs and Mr Logan has been forced to purchase some, but only to wear around the house. The trick is...wear them to bed (inspite of resulting disgust!), have a tickle fight, within about 1 minute you're roasting and happy to go commando for the night!!................Hmmmmm have I said too much?
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:02 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by logan
Yup, I've got my cosy pjs and Mr Logan has been forced to purchase some, but only to wear around the house. The trick is...wear them to bed (inspite of resulting disgust!), have a tickle fight, within about 1 minute you're roasting and happy to go commando for the night!!................Hmmmmm have I said too much?

Would love to hear your personal definition of a tickle fight......methinks perhaps your idea and mine are different!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.