Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shortage of lettuces for up to12 weeks due to storm

shortage of lettuces for up to12 weeks due to storm

Old Mar 25th 2010, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light
Default shortage of lettuces for up to12 weeks due to storm

says the only grower left in Baldives who supplies lettuces to Perth. The crop of the other grower in Wanneroo has been damaged. Lettuces will be flown in from over East.

We had to organise lettuces for the hospital and were bagging the Spudshed people to give us the amount we needed, but got only half of it. The phone was constantly ringing while restaurants try to get hold of some green leaves. At IGA the lettuce is $5, at the spudshed $3.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 12:10 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: shortage of lettuces for up to12 weeks due to storm

oh, ah, this could get interesting

Old Mar 26th 2010, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
yes, the index of the CPI basket will go up
Old Mar 26th 2010, 2:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Evelin
yes, the index of the CPI basket will go up
I must try and remember to do a lettuce price check in the UK supermarkets next week......
Old Mar 26th 2010, 2:35 am
Just Joined

Dodi is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been speaking to our friends in the uk on skype, he showed me an iceburg lettuce about the size of a grapefruit at one pound 20p sterling, as we have a hydroponic lettuce farm we sell ours for $1.33 and we have 34000 of them in the mid north caost nsw.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 4:31 am
ABCDiamond

Price of lettuce in Woolworths today

1.97 Lettuce Butter - Each
1.97 Lettuce Butter Green Salanova - Each
1.97 Lettuce Butter Red Salanova - Each
1.97 Lettuce Coral Green - Each
1.97 Lettuce Coral Green Salanova - Each
1.97 Lettuce Coral Red Salanova - Each
1.97 Lettuce Cos Baby - Each
1.97 Lettuce Mignonette - Each
1.97 Lettuce Oakleaf Green - Each
1.97 Lettuce Oakleaf Red - Each
2.48 Lettuce Wrapped - Each
2.97 Fresh Cuts Lettuce Summer Mix 200g
2.98 Lettuce Iceberg Sweet Hearts 2 Pack
3.48 Lettuce Cos - Each
3.97 Fresh Cuts Lettuce Three Leaf Mix 140g

I must remember to look in the fruit and veg shop later...

Old Mar 26th 2010, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Ive just thrown some in the bin which was left off my burger, maybe I should fish it out
Old Mar 26th 2010, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

says the only grower left in Baldives who supplies lettuces to Perth. The crop of the other grower in Wanneroo has been damaged. Lettuces will be flown in from over East.
It isn't just the lettuces that were damaged in the hail storm. Other leafy green veggies suffered as well and tomatoes and other "soft" fruit and veg.

There were notices up in my local Woolies to say all of the above will be in short supply for a few weeks and what's left will be more expensive than normal.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 4:51 am
Just Joined

Dodi is an unknown quantity at this point

we know what it is like we were hit by hail we had gone out for the day to celibrate a 3 year renervation of our hydroponics and came back to $100000.00 worth of damage but six week's after the storm we were up and running as normal.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 5:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You seriously need to get out more.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 5:48 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You seriously need to get out more.
I do..... I just got back from the fruit shop

Old Mar 26th 2010, 6:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I do..... I just got back from the fruit shop
Old Mar 26th 2010, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
It isn't just the lettuces that were damaged in the hail storm. Other leafy green veggies suffered as well and tomatoes and other "soft" fruit and veg.

There were notices up in my local Woolies to say all of the above will be in short supply for a few weeks and what's left will be more expensive than normal.
I know it's not just the lettuces, but it was funny to see how the phone was constantly ringing and lettuces became a hot item. We just leave them out where not really needed and put up a sign to apologies.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Price of lettuce in Woolworths today

1.97 Lettuce Butter - Each
1.97 Lettuce Butter Green Salanova - Each
1.97 Lettuce Butter Red Salanova - Each http://www.homeshop.com.au/website/m...9830728350.jpg
1.97 Lettuce Coral Green - Each
1.97 Lettuce Coral Green Salanova - Each http://www.homeshop.com.au/website/m...9830703764.jpg
1.97 Lettuce Coral Red Salanova - Each
1.97 Lettuce Cos Baby - Each
1.97 Lettuce Mignonette - Each
1.97 Lettuce Oakleaf Green - Each
1.97 Lettuce Oakleaf Red - Each
2.48 Lettuce Wrapped - Each
2.97 Fresh Cuts Lettuce Summer Mix 200g
2.98 Lettuce Iceberg Sweet Hearts 2 Pack
3.48 Lettuce Cos - Each
3.97 Fresh Cuts Lettuce Three Leaf Mix 140g

I must remember to look in the fruit and veg shop later...
where do you leave that you have such a variety of lettuces? posh suburb?
Old Mar 26th 2010, 7:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

where do you leave that you have such a variety of lettuces? posh suburb?
They have that lot in all the supermarkets I've seen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.