Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Short term rentals in Brisbane

Short term rentals in Brisbane

Old Jul 18th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold
Default Short term rentals in Brisbane

Think there are a few people on here who do short term rentals. Can someone please point me in their direction?.Did try the classifieds section but couldn't see anything. We are moving over in September now so need a good base to start looking from. Also how long on average did it take people to find their long term rental . We should have enough to cover a months deposit and 6 months up front (max $425 a week). Hoping that this will help as hubby doesn't have a job to go to ( worried this will go against us). Will be shipping our stuff so need to get permanent accommodation asap and also need to get eldest in a school!. On very slow dial up at the moment and it is taking ages to search through threads. I know this question comes up all the time and I would normally search through. Hope I will be forgiven just this once though!!!
Thanks for any info in advance.
Tam
Old Jul 19th 2008, 12:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short term rentals in Brisbane

Originally Posted by TMRE
Think there are a few people on here who do short term rentals. Can someone please point me in their direction?.Did try the classifieds section but couldn't see anything. We are moving over in September now so need a good base to start looking from. Also how long on average did it take people to find their long term rental . We should have enough to cover a months deposit and 6 months up front (max $425 a week). Hoping that this will help as hubby doesn't have a job to go to ( worried this will go against us). Will be shipping our stuff so need to get permanent accommodation asap and also need to get eldest in a school!. On very slow dial up at the moment and it is taking ages to search through threads. I know this question comes up all the time and I would normally search through. Hope I will be forgiven just this once though!!!
Tam
Dale (DEMENTED FERRET) is one such person you are requiring.Give him a pm !
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Tam
Hi sorry cant help but we will be looking for the same thing.

we have looked at Dales place and would have gone there as it is in the place we are looking for (North lakes, Mango Hill) but there will be six of us travelling.

hope all goes well for you.

so if anyone can help, information will now be twice as appreciated.

cheryl
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Tam
Hi Tam

Not sure what area you are looking in, but we stayed here..... http://www.abuzzhomestay.com.au/ ...for a few weeks. We were really comfortable there and found the owners great. They came and cleaned / changed the sheets each week. It's down in Thornlands, in the Bayside area.

Hope that might be of use.

Rudi
Old Jul 19th 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

jonnywonny is an unknown quantity at this point

we stayd with jimboomba relocations they have furnished accomodation we stayed for 2 week with them and they helpd us get a rental for 6 mnth
Old Jul 21st 2008, 7:37 am
Just Joined

john the pom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jonnywonny
we stayd with jimboomba relocations they have furnished accomodation we stayed for 2 week with them and they helpd us get a rental for 6 mnth
hi jonnywonny, just wondering how you would describe the accomodation offered by that location company, was it a house, are they reasonable in price. has any one else stayed with this company, if so what were they like. thanks.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

jonnywonny is an unknown quantity at this point

they had a 2 bedrom flat that we stayd in ,it was clean and enugh room for 4 ,there was a massive pool too im sure they have got a 4 bedrom house now aswel .they were poms with young kids and very helpful with all the stuff that needed doing like medicare and the centrelink stuff there website is www.jimboombarelocations.com JONNY
Old Jul 21st 2008, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for all your suggestions, hopefully we will get something sorted.
Tam
Old Jul 21st 2008, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Tam
Hi Tam, if you find an area and a rental you like, things can turn around really quick. Anywhere between 1 -3 weeks is easily possible. We only have a vailability from 5th Oct onwards if this helps. Good Luck with the move.

Hi Bobby howzit goin maaate.Was the races a good day out.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Demented Ferret
Hi Tam, if you find an area and a rental you like, things can turn around really quick. Anywhere between 1 -3 weeks is easily possible. We only have a vailability from 5th Oct onwards if this helps. Good Luck with the move.

Hi Bobby howzit goin maaate.Was the races a good day out.
Had a great day / night Dale ,(helped of course by $400 profitshame you couldn't make it mate ,maybe the next one eh!! There were only 8 of us but a cracking day was had by all and a terribly drunken night may i hasten to add