Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Short Term accommodation upon arrival in Melbourne

Short Term accommodation upon arrival in Melbourne

Old Jan 4th 2006, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Irish Bet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Short Term accommodation upon arrival in Melbourne

My partner and I will be arriving in Melbourne March 2006, and are looking for short term accommodation at a reasonable price to give us a chance to find our feet, oh yeah and buy a car, scout the areas out, and then maybe look for work :scared: :scared: :scared: Anyone got any suggestions, have put on Brit Vics as well
Old Jan 6th 2006, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice
Default Re: Short Term accommodation upon arrival in Melbourne

Originally Posted by Irish Bet
My partner and I will be arriving in Melbourne March 2006, and are looking for short term accommodation at a reasonable price to give us a chance to find our feet, oh yeah and buy a car, scout the areas out, and then maybe look for work :scared: :scared: :scared: Anyone got any suggestions, have put on Brit Vics as well
Hi

You haven't made clear what you consider a reasonable price, and what area (read how far out of the CBD) you want to stay in.

I'm assuming you want someting self-contained, essentially a flat, and not a hotel room. There are lots of short term accomodation, or 'serviced apartments'.

If fairly central, then obviously you are going to pay more. Try doing a search on the 'British Apartments' in Melbourne which is fairly central. I've not stayed there myself.

When I did use serviced apartments, I used

http://www.shortstayapartments.com.au/

...but you'll pay for it.

If you were not aiming for the centre, then please tell us where you want to be. My recollection of car hunting while I was staying in the CBD hotel was one of lugging myself along train lines to car showrooms!

Neil