Reload this Page >

Short term accommodation in Brisbane

Short term accommodation in Brisbane

Old Aug 12th 2013, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

mamabear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Short term accommodation in Brisbane

Hi we are due to arrive in Brisbane at the start of October
The plan is to rent a furnished 3 bedroom house/unit for 6 weeks or so and then move into a more long term rental when our container arrives. Does any body know of any websites that could assist our search? I'm guessing the furnished rentals in realestate.com.au require a minimum of 6 months stay.
I've also read of people staying in unfurnished accommodation and renting furniture for a few weeks. How practical is this? You would need to get everything from a kettle to bedding!! Don't think this is an option to be honest.
Thanks for reading
Old Aug 12th 2013, 10:09 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Short term accommodation in Brisbane

Originally Posted by mamabear
I've also read of people staying in unfurnished accommodation and renting furniture for a few weeks. How practical is this? You would need to get everything from a kettle to bedding!! Don't think this is an option to be honest.
Thanks for reading
There is also the option to buy all the camping gear you will need for your fantastic camping holidays in Australia and use that while you are waiting for your container in your unfurnished house.

BB
Old Aug 12th 2013, 10:11 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short term accommodation in Brisbane

The plan is to rent a furnished 3 bedroom house/unit for 6 weeks or so and then move into a more long term rental when our container arrives. Does any body know of any websites that could assist our search? I'm guessing the furnished rentals in realestate.com.au require a minimum of 6 months stay.
Thanks for reading
I booked a holiday let here in Adelaide through Homeaway while we were home hunting, and have previously used Stayz as well.
Old Aug 13th 2013, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to behold

There are holiday lets in locations such as Bribie Island, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast all within an hour or a bit more from Bris CBD. However they are a lot more expensive of course than long term rentals. However they are usually of high standard and nicely fitted out. Depends how much spare $$$ you have and how many you will be, any children and what age?

If you only have a couple of under tens then an attractive option is to rent a holiday cabin on weekly rates, they are usually a little mini-house with a main bedroom, a double bunk room, kitchen/living room and a balcony - should find some holiday parks Gold, Sunshine Coasts or Bribie. The holiday gloss will wear off pretty soon, but can be quite ok for a temporary stay.

Thousands of Aussie mine workers live in them on the job, they are called "dongas" for some unfathomable reason
Old Aug 13th 2013, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

ABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for reading
Unfurnished property normally needs a minimum of 6 months. Furnished rarely needs a long commitment.

You could try: http://www.britzinoz.com/furnished-a...and-queensland

Renting furniture is VERY expensive.

I often suggested buying a cheap house package, and keeping it as spare, or using for the excess rooms, or even selling what isn't needed later.
Probably cheaper than renting anyway.

A current example is $849 for the a 14-piece package: Bedroom, dining and living spaces.
http://www.britzinoz.com/cheap-furniture-in-australia
Old Aug 13th 2013, 9:13 am
Just Joined

stummo is an unknown quantity at this point

We stayed at the Brisbane holiday village for 6 weeks in a 'corporate cabin'.
It's okay 30 mins to CBD, pool, cafe all household items supplied, but small. Also check out a similar place in bardon - better area..
Old Aug 13th 2013, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

JAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really nice

These guys have lots of furnished short term rentals - we used to rent our place out through them:

http://www.century21.com.au/scarboro...liday-rentals/

The Redcliffe Peninsula is just north of Brisbane