Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Short Term Accom in Brisbane?

Short Term Accom in Brisbane?

Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:27 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Pam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the rough
Default Short Term Accom in Brisbane?

For those who are heading/have arrived in Brisbane, where have you stayed when you first arrive?
We are heading out in Jan and can't seem to find any furnished short term places to rent

Any advice welcome!!!
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short Term Accom in Brisbane?

Originally Posted by Pam
For those who are heading/have arrived in Brisbane, where have you stayed when you first arrive?
We are heading out in Jan and can't seem to find any furnished short term places to rent

Any advice welcome!!!
Have you tried Stayz on the Domain.com website, have'nt used them myself but they were recommended by someone else on BE. Lol x
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:52 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pam

Any advice welcome!!!
what suburb are you looking for, or doesnt it matter?

Neil.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:58 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Pam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the roughPam is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by neil.b
what suburb are you looking for, or doesnt it matter?

Neil.
At the moment we'll conisder anywhere!! Unfortunately we re not in a position to book anything, as house only went on market today - but agent thinks it will sell quickly, so we're hoping to be out Jan.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 9:30 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pam
At the moment we'll conisder anywhere!! Unfortunately we re not in a position to book anything, as house only went on market today - but agent thinks it will sell quickly, so we're hoping to be out Jan.
Pam,
Not sure how short term you are looking for, but some friends stayed here when they arrived and said it was good. Its in a lovely area as well. Check the link.

http://www.pacificresortmotel.com.au/

Neil.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there
Try SEQRENTS.COM.AU. they have loads of rentals throughout Queensland for 1month-3-6 month terms
We got here 6 weeks ago and stayed at the Manhattan in Newstead for the first 4 weeks. Just what you need when you first get here,$550 a week furnished,pool, close to everything and no strings, the only other thing you pay is your phone rental at $1.50 a day. Once you get your head round how cheap longer term rental is you will think this is expensive but for short term I found you couldn't beat it, unless you want to stay in a motel that is! (oh and by the way that can be alot more expensive)
If you do decide to go for it, try and get unit 402 (our old apartment!) top floor and great views of the river !!! :-)
By the way I found the place by searching on BE so hopefully this helps someone else along the way
Kelly x
Old Oct 13th 2006, 2:02 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kellyjs
Hi there
Try SEQRENTS.COM.AU. they have loads of rentals throughout Queensland for 1month-3-6 month terms
We got here 6 weeks ago and stayed at the Manhattan in Newstead for the first 4 weeks. Just what you need when you first get here,$550 a week furnished,pool, close to everything and no strings, the only other thing you pay is your phone rental at $1.50 a day. Once you get your head round how cheap longer term rental is you will think this is expensive but for short term I found you couldn't beat it, unless you want to stay in a motel that is! (oh and by the way that can be alot more expensive)
If you do decide to go for it, try and get unit 402 (our old apartment!) top floor and great views of the river !!! :-)
By the way I found the place by searching on BE so hopefully this helps someone else along the way
Kelly x
Thanks Kelly - that's great - I will look it up!
How are you finding living there? I know it's early days yet, but have you got all the 'admin' sorted yet?
Old Oct 13th 2006, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi
We got a lovely apartment in Currumbin next to a wildlife sanctuary and also which my daughter likes a small chocolate factory lol it is a 2 bedroom furnished apartment and cost $900 for two weeks

www.mitchellrealestate.com.au

Vicki & Billy
Old Oct 13th 2006, 6:25 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by billy0911
Hi
We got a lovely apartment in Currumbin next to a wildlife sanctuary and also which my daughter likes a small chocolate factory lol it is a 2 bedroom furnished apartment and cost $900 for two weeks

www.mitchellrealestate.com.au

Vicki & Billy
Thanks Vicky & Billy! The website is really good and has lots of choice!
Old Oct 14th 2006, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

steve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the roughsteve & Heather is a jewel in the rough

Hi

What would be the feeling for renting part of a house. You would have the whole floor with bathroom etc and use of the pool. The benefit here would be that you would also get inside information and advice about the area. This would be ideal for short stays while you find something more permanant.

A kind of B&B but you would cook your own meals.

Cleveland area.

Steve
Old Oct 14th 2006, 7:46 pm
Pam
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve & Heather
Hi

What would be the feeling for renting part of a house. You would have the whole floor with bathroom etc and use of the pool. The benefit here would be that you would also get inside information and advice about the area. This would be ideal for short stays while you find something more permanant.

A kind of B&B but you would cook your own meals.

Cleveland area.

Steve
Hit Steve, is this furnished, and who would we be sharing with? Reason I ask is because we have t2 children - 9 and 6, also what sort of price are we talking?
Old Oct 14th 2006, 9:38 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Short Term Accom in Brisbane?

Hi,
we have been recommended 'brisbane bound.com'.They rent out houses in Bisbane for migrants and offer a Meet and Greet service.Houses look lovely but arent cheap.Look them up.
Andrea
Old Oct 15th 2006, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pam
Thanks Kelly - that's great - I will look it up!
How are you finding living there? I know it's early days yet, but have you got all the 'admin' sorted yet?
Hi Pam
We are starting our 6th week here and loving it so far. The only bit of "admin" left to sort is finding a job which is quite a biggy! :scared: I have about 4 weeks before the money disappears..no pressure there then! Finding a job is not just about the money though, I'm really bored at home
Other than that we decided on an area, got a long term rental, got girls enrolled and started into school..oh and bought a house! Not bad for less than 3 months in the country...now if I can only find a job....
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

fadgefieldclose is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya both. read ur earlier post asking for short term furnished accomodation.
were going out to brizzy in jan as well and are really struggling.any joy with yourselves ? and how did u get somewhere or who did u use ? cheers derek n pat
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fadgefieldclose
hiya both. read ur earlier post asking for short term furnished accomodation.
were going out to brizzy in jan as well and are really struggling.any joy with yourselves ? and how did u get somewhere or who did u use ? cheers derek n pat

Hi

I don't know about anyone else, but $900 dollars for 2 weeks seems extortionate! Not everyone has that sort of money! We're arriving start of Feb in Brissie and have booked a beautiful 2 bed furnished apartment for 35 days and pool overlooking moreton bay, right by the beach for $300 per week. Look on realestate.com.au and click on the blue rental section. On the left hand side you can see holiday lets. Click on there and do your searching by suburbs. I phoned our agents and they were fab. Good luck! xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.