Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Short Stay Accommodation in brisbane

Short Stay Accommodation in brisbane

Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

sbrown is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Short Stay Accommodation in brisbane

flying over to brisbane in sept need a two bed house or something like.
anybody have any ideas,
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 1:39 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short Stay Accommodation in brisbane

If you do a search, this topic has come up frequently and people have recommended places to try. There seems to be more serviced apartments rather than houses for short term rental, but I'm sure you'll find something easily enough.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

If I end up choosing to rent what is the minimum lease period?
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 2:50 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by discobay
If I end up choosing to rent what is the minimum lease period?
For a standard rental, it's usually a minimum of 6 months.

I've got to ring round a few places on Monday to try to find a 2 week serviced apartment then a 3 month furnished rental in Brisbane from 1 July, I'll let you know how I get on.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sbrown
flying over to brisbane in sept need a two bed house or something like.
anybody have any ideas,
Try

http://www.seqrents.com.au/

and do a search for short term holiday rental

we stayed at Newstead at the Manhatten Apartments for two weks and they were perfect.

Bobby
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chels

I've got to ring round a few places on Monday to try to find a 2 week serviced apartment then a 3 month furnished rental in Brisbane from 1 July, I'll let you know how I get on.
I appreciate it. I will be looking for a 3 or 6 month fully furnished rental starting around mid-August.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chels

How did you get on?
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:04 pm
Mozzie magnet

Originally Posted by discobay
How did you get on?
Well, I changed my original plans because pretty much as soon as I got to Brisbane I really liked it here and so 'instructed' the OH to get himself sorted with a job up here ASAP. The idea is that he'll be joining me in a few weeks, so there didn't seem much point in getting a short term furnished, and I'm looking for a 6 month unfurnished instead (unless I find the perfect house to buy before then !) In the meantime, I've been staying in weekly serviced units / motels since arriving here, and have experienced Auchenflower, Kangaroo Point, Albion and now New Farm. I'm trying to spend a week in every place I can to get a feel for the different suburbs to help me when it comes to finding a longer term rental or buying somewhere.

However... I did do lots of research into short term accommodation (my last job didn't keep me very busy!) and I when I get the chance, I'll post up the details of places that offer 3 month furnished rentals (as opposed to the 6 month only places).

With regards the OP's question - 2 bed houses are a nightmare to find here! They just didn't build them, so you'll have more chance finding a 2 bed unit or a 3 bed house (and swallowing the extra cost). You may get lucky and find a townhouse, but the only ones I've come across seem to be in the newer, outer lying suburbs of Brisbane or closer to the Gold Coast which isn't any good for me!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:37 am
Mozzie magnet

Short term accommodation doc attached
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Apartment name.doc (80.5 KB, 139 views)
Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks very much.