Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Short breaks from Perth

Short breaks from Perth

Old Feb 19th 2010, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Short breaks from Perth

Can anyone recomend a short couple of days break from perth. I have been here years and never explored away from the center.
I hear some people go on holiday to the south or north rather than going abroad, can anyone recomend a place to go for a couple of nights?

Cheers
Old Feb 19th 2010, 1:38 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Short breaks from Perth

Originally Posted by dave99
Can anyone recomend a short couple of days break from perth. I have been here years and never explored away from the center.
I hear some people go on holiday to the south or north rather than going abroad, can anyone recomend a place to go for a couple of nights?

Cheers
Bussleton
Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:00 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

It depends what you want to do. Busso is beautiful, Dunsborough and Eagle Bay are too, all are perfect for kicking back and doing not a lot. Margaret River has loads of vineyards surrounding the area, some cellar doors are well worth a visit and the caves are interesting.

I would love to go and see the Karri forest and the tall trees out Pemberton Way. I also want to go up north (only been as far as Lancelin so far) to Coral Bay, Monkey Mia and the Pinnacles.

HTH

Shirley
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Pemberton
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 12:37 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Cheers
depends what you are looking for!

Kalgoorlie - mining and heritage
Esperance - beaches and wilderness
Albany - quaintness
Margaret River - Wine and Surfing
Pemberton - Forests
Bussleton/Dunsborough - Beaches and sea-side feel
Kalbarri - beaches and remoteness
Monkey Mia - beaches and remoteness
York - wheatbelt and history
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

trice_ie will become famous soon enoughtrice_ie will become famous soon enough

second monkey mia it's lovely up there, esp if you're into dolphins.

we're heading to broome in august (about 2hr flight from perth) meant to be lovely and it's dry and warm when everywhere down south is in winter

if you want to get out of state then adelaide's a pretty nice city, i'm biased though as we live here
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

By the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really nice

Personally we like Busselton or Dunsborough(We're a family with young kids), it's a great start if you've not explorered wa, it has beautiful calm beaches a few shops and is close to loads of other places to drive to in very little time(Margaret River, Ngili caves and lots of wineries). We've been to Denmark and Pemberton, really refreshing, some spectacular forests and beaches, they are a bit further but still just doable in a weekend, but maybe a long weekend. Monkey Mia and Sharkbay, as nice as they were they were one hell of a drive and i wouldn't do it for a weekend if you're just going there and straight back.. Northwise we really liked Kalbarri, has some awesome scenery but again quite far, so a long weekend at least. Lancelin is very quiet but brilliant if you're into 4 wheel driving.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 4:52 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I would echo what everyone else has said. Down south for a weekend only and up north to Kalbarri and beyond if it is for a week or more. Coral Bay is a 10 day plus (IMO) holiday.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 4:58 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Bali or Thailand
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 11:05 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

If you base yourself in Busso, you can easily hit all the places mentioned in day trips. e.g.
Dunsborough
Meelup Beach/Eagle Bay/Bunker Bay
Yallingup
Margeret River
Augusta
Pemberton

Easy
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

Busselton is about 2 1/2 - 3 hours drive and is lovely.

Denmark is about 4 - 5 hours drive and is also lovely.

Get out there - there's loads to see !