Shock Horror

Old Mar 19th 2004, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

michaela is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shock Horror

Can anyone confirm things for me? I have been offered a job in Sydney and was told to send all my completed docs, police chks etc to my employer to be so they could send them to the same DIMIA office they had done. So this I have done, i have had an email from employer this morning acknowledging receipt of forms, and saying should now only take approx 2-3 weeks for a decision. Is this correct , i am panicking slightly as i own and run a pub and altho it is for sale i really cant see it being sold in 2-3 weeks. I was thinking this process was more likely to be June time not April, i still have so much to sort i.e flights, accomodation, cats flights packing etc etc any suggestions pls.

Old Mar 19th 2004, 8:46 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

2 to 3 weeks sounds very quick, unless your a Brain surgeon or secret agent or something thats deperately needed in Aus. I'd guess it will be 2 to three months anyway.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

michaela is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought that 2-3 weeks was quick, but when i think about it, my employer sent of their details 5 weeks ago, so add my 2-3 weeks and you got 2 months .

I could do with it taking another 2 months, if they give me the thuimbs up at least I can start organising things at this end, but having to wait and then start organising is gonna be a nightmare.