Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping - What cant you take?

Shipping - What cant you take?

Old May 13th 2007, 5:46 pm
GOT IT!!! 139 12/04/07

The Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant future
Default Shipping - What cant you take?

Hello Folks,

Just need some clarification. We have a Little tykes outdoor play gym. Basically its a climbing frame, tunnel and two slides.

Only had contact with two shipping companies and both say we shouldnt take anything that has been outside. ( i havent specifically mentioned this item to them) This item is all plastic and can be easily jet washed. Also - while we are on the subject. Can we take the jetwash?

Two more other items im curious about. We have a mountain bike. I bought it for the wife a few years ago and it has only been used a few times. Spent the last few years in the garage but looks brand new.

Then there is our Dyson Vac. I guess this will be a prob cos it full of dust but we can clean it.

Any info/thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks
Old May 13th 2007, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

chrisk8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping - What cant you take?

Originally Posted by The Easdales
Hello Folks,

Just need some clarification. We have a Little tykes outdoor play gym. Basically its a climbing frame, tunnel and two slides.

Only had contact with two shipping companies and both say we shouldnt take anything that has been outside. ( i havent specifically mentioned this item to them) This item is all plastic and can be easily jet washed. Also - while we are on the subject. Can we take the jetwash?

Two more other items im curious about. We have a mountain bike. I bought it for the wife a few years ago and it has only been used a few times. Spent the last few years in the garage but looks brand new.

Then there is our Dyson Vac. I guess this will be a prob cos it full of dust but we can clean it.

Thanks
Hi,

Of course they can go - just make sure you clean them thoroughly before they are packed and collected.

Chris
Old May 14th 2007, 2:07 am
Just Joined

Kiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the roughKiangsu is a jewel in the rough

Hello Folks,

Thanks
You can take them just make sure they are completly washed it is soil contamination they are worried about. We shipped some golf clubs over, we only paid to have them shipped to the airport so we had to pick them up. We sat of hours waiting for them then quarantine needed to check them because they werent new and then decided that even thought they had been thoroughly washed they needed washing again.
Old May 14th 2007, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

We brought over quite a few things which had been outdoors including a trampoline and slide. I ensured that these were wiped and dirt free. They got in with no problems.

However one of our bikes (which I pressure washed) failed quarantine inspection and cost us $100 to be cleaned. The other 5 which had all been cleaned by the same method passed.

The amusing thing is that the removals packed things we didn't intend to come (like Windbreaks we used for camping) and these made it through in spite of having large clumps of mud on them.
Old May 14th 2007, 10:07 pm
GOT IT!!! 139 12/04/07

The Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant futureThe Easdales has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by yanH
We brought over quite a few things which had been outdoors including a trampoline and slide. I ensured that these were wiped and dirt free. They got in with no problems.

However one of our bikes (which I pressure washed) failed quarantine inspection and cost us $100 to be cleaned. The other 5 which had all been cleaned by the same method passed.

The amusing thing is that the removals packed things we didn't intend to come (like Windbreaks we used for camping) and these made it through in spite of having large clumps of mud on them.

Thanks for the info, I think we'll bring all the stuff and hope for the best. Dont mind paying $100 but hope that's all we have to pay.

Cheers
Old May 15th 2007, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Re: Shipping - What cant you take?

we brought bikes etc over,just cleaned them.Didn't bring the jet-washer but I can't remember why now!!
Brought our Dyson over,again we just gave it a good wash.The beauty of a Dyson is that you can take the dust bin off and clean it easily.The Aussie removal guys were well impressed with it....not sure why but I suppose they do look a bit goochy!
Old May 15th 2007, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Hello Folks,

Thanks
We bought our outside toys (little tykes stuff too) and bikes etc but just cleaned them really thorougly. There was no problem with them at all. We didnt bring our dyson because we were told it would have to be spotlessly clean. Wish we had though -- they cost a small fortune out here (never thought I think Dysons back home as being "cheap")