Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Update and thanks to Doree Bonner

Shipping Update and thanks to Doree Bonner

Old Dec 22nd 2006, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

TheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud of
Default Shipping Update and thanks to Doree Bonner

Our stuff arrived yesterday, and not 1 item broken. Doree Bonner got Grace to squeeze us in on the delivery front, which we are eternally grateful for. All in all, just over 6 weeks door to door, amazing.

DB were fantastic all the way along. Grace, I have to say are a little less responsive, but once they got into gear, the stuff was here double quick, and the delivery guys were top top blokes. They took all the cartons away etc, just fantastic. We spent around £800.00 extra over what self ship would have cost us, and it was worth every penny.

Incidentally, customs listed 11 boxes for opening, and only ended up opening 8. I think the sight of the spotless lawnmower and bikes (They opened those first) told them everything was going to be well clean. They even let us have our wicker baskets, no cleaning charges whatsoever.

Happy Xmas to all, and if you are planning to ship soon, I can defo recommend DB.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Loz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud ofLoz4Oz has much to be proud of
Default Re: Shipping Update and thanks to Doree Bonner

Glad to hear that everything arrived safely.

They even let us have our wicker baskets, no cleaning charges whatsoever.
We can't decide what to do with our whicker baskets. The guy from the shipping company said that it should be okay but we don't know whether it's worth the risk.

Cheers, Loz
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 11:28 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheAshleys
Our stuff arrived yesterday, and not 1 item broken. Doree Bonner got Grace to squeeze us in on the delivery front, which we are eternally grateful for. All in all, just over 6 weeks door to door, amazing.

DB were fantastic all the way along. Grace, I have to say are a little less responsive, but once they got into gear, the stuff was here double quick, and the delivery guys were top top blokes. They took all the cartons away etc, just fantastic. We spent around £800.00 extra over what self ship would have cost us, and it was worth every penny.

Incidentally, customs listed 11 boxes for opening, and only ended up opening 8. I think the sight of the spotless lawnmower and bikes (They opened those first) told them everything was going to be well clean. They even let us have our wicker baskets, no cleaning charges whatsoever.

Happy Xmas to all, and if you are planning to ship soon, I can defo recommend DB.
Good to hear they are coming in 2 weeks to move us!! Have to say not been tooo impressed with the Admin team so far, but fingers crossed the removals team are a little more switched on!!
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

TheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Loz4Oz
Glad to hear that everything arrived safely.

We can't decide what to do with our whicker baskets. The guy from the shipping company said that it should be okay but we don't know whether it's worth the risk.

Cheers, Loz
I think the packing guy wrote basket, rather than whicker basket on the manifest. That said, they opened a box with 2 small whicker baskets in, and didn't bat an eyelid obviously, so I would say go for it.