Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping--update.....!!

Shipping--update.....!!

Old Mar 4th 2004, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping--update.....!!

Well 3 down now and 3 to go....All seem to offer good service so far..In the lead with price seems to be John Masons!! £2900 for a 20ft container........Pickfords coming today for a quote!

cheers

scott
Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

kevt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping--update.....!!

Originally posted by scottalison6
Well 3 down now and 3 to go....All seem to offer good service so far..In the lead with price seems to be John Masons!! £2900 for a 20ft container........Pickfords coming today for a quote!

cheers

scott

Hi Scott,

Does that include insurance?
And will a 20ft container take the average three bedroom house?

Thanks
Kevin
Old Mar 4th 2004, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

hi..no insurance is on top...We have a 3 bed but aren't taking double bed but most other stuff.....we will fill approx 80% of it so tyeah a 20ft is enough after you've ditched all the junk!!

cheers

scott
Old Mar 4th 2004, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi...pickfords been!!!BVery nice guy very helpful....Got them in the running now!!

800 cft so basically a 20 ft container(fridge one)=£3200 neg..door to door pack and unpack.....(plus insurance)

cheers

scott
Old Mar 4th 2004, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

rich and debbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default packing!!

HI, Just thought I'd chip in with my experience so far, we've gone with White and Co and they have been brilliant SO FAR!! Similar price, they are coming on Monday and I have never been so stressed, the hardest thing has been not packing things as we sort stuff out ,as they are doing the packing. I thought that was great until I find myself surrounded by piles of stuff everywhere!!
Kids are having a ball ' discovering' new and interesting items !!
Will let you know how things go on Monday.
Debbie
Can't wait until Tuesday then it will be all done and we can spend time with family and friends second thoughts that could be just as stressful !!
Old Mar 6th 2004, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

More qoutes coming in!!!

John Masons-£2900 700cft
Dorre Bonner-£3342 800cft
Anglo Pacific-£3374 1008 cft

Still waiting for pickfords qoute to arrive although guy did give me his bosses phone number in case i wanted to haggle!!!!Fair play!!

All for a 20ft container(reefer i think)

So at the moment John Mason are winning!!!!!(i wonder why)They have all been well professionnal so far!!

Cheers

scott
Old Mar 13th 2004, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Jayell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: packing!!

Originally posted by rich and debbie
HI, Just thought I'd chip in with my experience so far, we've gone with White and Co and they have been brilliant SO FAR!! Similar price, they are coming on Monday and I have never been so stressed, the hardest thing has been not packing things as we sort stuff out ,as they are doing the packing. I thought that was great until I find myself surrounded by piles of stuff everywhere!!
Debbie
Can't wait until Tuesday then it will be all done and we can spend time with family and friends second thoughts that could be just as stressful !!
Hope the week goes well and is not too stressful. Good luck.
Old Mar 13th 2004, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

We had Crown Relocations last week £3200.00 for a 20ft who were fantastic, 4 man team packed a 3 bed in 5-6 hours then came the next morning at 9am all the stuff was then put into the container by 11am, we will be in the Gold Coast in 5 days, once our stuff arrives in approx 6-8 weeks with crown delivering and unpacking if required i will let you know how things go, hopefully their will be no damage!!! we took our insurance with letton percival, www.lettonpercival.co.uk who are really brill £321.00 for £20k worth of household goods, crown insurance was £800 to £900 for exact same amount of goods, big difference!!!!

Lisa
Old Mar 13th 2004, 11:06 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

!

800 cft so basically a 20 ft container(fridge one)=?3200 neg..door to door pack and unpack.....(plus insurance)

cheers

scott [/QUOTE]
if you are using a chiller box, make sure the floor is lined with heavy card board or ply wood sheets, the floors are steel slats, and can catch and damage furniture, also make sure it has been cleaned properly, you dont want your furniture smelling of Gorgonzola cheese for the rest of your life,.............. MM
Old Mar 14th 2004, 2:38 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: packing!!

Originally posted by rich and debbie
Debbie
Yes thats who we used. they spent ages packing everything... we had loads of pictures some real cheapies from ikea but they all got the same treatment, all individually bubble wrapped.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

pudnut is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by floweroscotland
We had Crown Relocations last week £3200.00 for a 20ft who were fantastic, 4 man team packed a 3 bed in 5-6 hours then came the next morning at 9am all the stuff was then put into the container by 11am, we will be in the Gold Coast in 5 days, once our stuff arrives in approx 6-8 weeks with crown delivering and unpacking if required i will let you know how things go, hopefully their will be no damage!!! we took our insurance with letton percival, www.lettonpercival.co.uk who are really brill £321.00 for £20k worth of household goods, crown insurance was £800 to £900 for exact same amount of goods, big difference!!!!

Lisa
This seems a good deal, do Crown mind you insuring with a different company?
I'm very tempted to ship without insurance, has anyone done this, and lived to regret it? or was damage minimal
Pudnut...
Old Mar 14th 2004, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by pudnut
This seems a good deal, do Crown mind you insuring with a different company?
I'm very tempted to ship without insurance, has anyone done this, and lived to regret it? or was damage minimal
Pudnut...

Crown didn't push their insurance with us at all, we just said we had a better quote and they were fine. I read about percival from Ian on this forum they used to be called merseyside Insurance but have since changed, although it is still the same guy that deals with shipping insurance Brian naughton 0151 236 4568, phone and they will send out a form, which is really easy to fill in, once you send it back with payment you will be insured within 24 hours. They get your quote by the amount your goods are worth ie £20k x 1.53%= £306.00 then x by 5% = £321.30. I would highly recommend you take insurance especially if you see some of the pictures that have been posted on this forum of containers in the sea, and a few people have posted about broken goods once they get their stuff back, I would say £321 is well worth it.

Lisa
Old Mar 14th 2004, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Ross Davis is an unknown quantity at this point

Message to all -
Please be careful with freight insurance (reading the small print etc ), we learnt the hard way! Choose your packers with care - see our previous threads...
Old Mar 14th 2004, 8:46 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

We didnt have insurance we figured the marine insurance was only worth taking to cover for total loss at sea and that is very rare.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

LetsFlyAway is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We had Anglo Pacific round last week... she looked at our stuff and said "you won't fill a container, you should opt for a groupage." anyway, after 9 days waiting for the quote, we called her and she quoted £3090.00 for 950cb ft. was really surprised as she and I both thought I could do a load of shopping to fill the container and now she's quoting me almost a full one. We really do not have a lot of stuff so I'm really confused.

Not impressed so have got John Mason and PSS coming this week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.