Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping a TV to Aus

Shipping a TV to Aus

Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:50 am
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all
Default Shipping a TV to Aus

Anyone know the best (i.e. Cheapest) way to ship a flatscreen TV to Aus?

Cheers Gary
Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Shipping a TV to Aus

Originally Posted by The Murphsters

Cheers Gary
welcome another Oswestrian! (?) - I lived in Llanymynech for years (mostly at weekends)
Shipping a TV? No idea, can't you put it in with your other stuff?
Maybe Allied Pickfords will do individual items - it'll take about 3 months though..
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:03 am
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

Hi, you must know why we are leaving then

Not shipping anything else at all, was going to sell the TV but it is fairly new and gonna lose enough on it and then pay through the nose to replace once in Aus.
Just seeing if there were any other options.

Cheers tho

Gary
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, you must know why we are leaving then

Not shipping anything else at all, was going to sell the TV but it is fairly new and gonna lose enough on it and then pay through the nose to replace once in Aus.
Just seeing if there were any other options.

Cheers tho

Gary

Not sure how you'd get it here, but TV's don't travel all that well so whoever you chose to ship it make sure you are covered by insurance not all of them do it for TV's.

I moved one 3 miles down the road in the UK and it didn't work properly again!!. Wasn't covered by the removal insurance either

42inch HD TV's are about $3000 here if that helps (although if you keep playing the electrical stores off against each other you'll get a bit knocked of. I only paid $2000 for mine!)
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:57 am
The Murphsters

$2000 aint too bad actually, maybe i should sell it then, probably less hassle.

Cheers Gary
Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:10 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers Gary
Hi i would not bring your TV to Brisbane as the sound waves on european TV`s are different than OZ you will pick up the picture but not sound and it will cost approx $400.00 to add a chip to able it to receive the sound in OZ, take a look at this site it will help you out with prices and idears, we help people with purchases when relocating and have advised people on what to bring and if it will work in Australia but take a look at these sites to help yourself http://www.wowwicked.com.au/
http://www.wowwicked.com.au/ http://www.betta.com.au/
hope it helps
Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:31 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trevski
it will cost approx $400.00 to add a chip to able it to receive the sound in OZ,
...or $50 to buy a digital set top box. It will work fine.

Graham