Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Tools and Machinary

Shipping Tools and Machinary

Old Apr 19th 2010, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Tools and Machinary

My mum and dad are hoping to move out here shortly, however my dad has a large workshop of tools and machinery such as laithes etc and he asked me if I knew anyone who had shipped such items and their experiences??
Old Apr 19th 2010, 7:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Tools and Machinary

Originally Posted by foxychic
My mum and dad are hoping to move out here shortly, however my dad has a large workshop of tools and machinery such as laithes etc and he asked me if I knew anyone who had shipped such items and their experiences??
Yup, brought all our stuff. The husband was slightly anal about rust removal, spraying with WD40 and packing in paper to avoid more rust whilst on the high seas but as long as there's no organic matter on anything, it can all come over no problem.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foxychic
I didn't ship any of my machine tools over as I planned to buy new but I did bring over all my hand tools etc.

As for his machine tools he should bring them over, especially if they are quality smaller machine tools Myford. Tooling etc is more expensive than the UK despite it all being made in China now and we are closer. Also the level of choice in suppliers is much poorer than the UK. Anything he can't get here he can get shipped from the UK.

More than anything else they need to be protected against the sea voyage so plenty of rust protection, etc etc.

Is he a model engineer by any chance ?
Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

foxychic is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the replies.

hoofie2002, he messes with cars and builds sporting trials cars and other stuff to fill his time!