Shipping Tools

Old Jun 15th 2003, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Tools

Hi all

Has anyone any experience of shipping tools to Nz? My husband is a carpenter and obviously has a few tools to take. Any advice on shipping would be good. We are aware they all need cleaning but should we leave the packing of them to the shippers when they arrive?

Would be interested to here from people already in Nz .......Did you take any tools with you or just wait for the shipment to arrive?

Cheers Tori
Old Jun 15th 2003, 4:52 pm
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping Tools

Originally posted by TIZUS
Hi all

Has anyone any experience of shipping tools to Nz? My husband is a carpenter and obviously has a few tools to take. Any advice on shipping would be good. We are aware they all need cleaning but should we leave the packing of them to the shippers when they arrive?

Would be interested to here from people already in Nz .......Did you take any tools with you or just wait for the shipment to arrive?

Cheers Tori
Hi Tori,
Am watching with interest as my husband is in the commercial flooring trade and needs his tools as soon as, so we are watching this space with interest, Perth Bound October, hopefully.
Suz
Old Jun 15th 2003, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by suz
Hi Tori,
Am watching with interest as my husband is in the commercial flooring trade and needs his tools as soon as, so we are watching this space with interest, Perth Bound October, hopefully.
Suz
Hi Suz

I will let you know how we get on the shippers are here Tuesday so time is running out..........
Tori
Old Jun 15th 2003, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to make sure they are totally clean and free from sawdust. It would be best to pack them together in a one box marked wood working tools, that way its easy for them to check all is well.

I have cleaned all mine and oiled with wd40.
Old Jun 15th 2003, 8:12 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Hi Suz

I will let you know how we get on the shippers are here Tuesday so time is running out..........
Tori

My Hubby packed his tools in nice clean tool boxes. He gave everything a wipe down and put some of that rubber matting in the trays to stop the tools from sliding about. The bigger stuff like jigsaws etc he bought a few large plastic containers with lids on and wheels and put them in there. When the removal blokes came they just wrapped each of these in brown paper and wrote the packing number on.
He couldn't bring enough tools with him to be of any use so he just had to wait for the container to arrive, until then he borrowed works tools.
When the container arrived MAF didn't seem very interested in the tools, but I think if they had been tools that were likely to have been used in an outdoor setting they would have been. We were asked what sort of tools they were by the removal company this end.

Paula
Old Jun 15th 2003, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for your help guys. Ian is still in the garden cleaning all his tools! Oh the smell of WD40

Tori
Old Jun 15th 2003, 9:11 pm
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help guys. Ian is still in the garden cleaning all his tools! Oh the smell of WD40

Tori
Do you think we could take a few basic tools with us when we leave in the suitcases?????? might look like we are crazy axe murderers!!! or maybe too keen to work, remind me exactly why we are going!!!!

Agree, Vizas would come in handy!
yuck I hate the smell of WD40!

Suz
Old Jun 15th 2003, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by suz
Do you think we could take a few basic tools with us when we leave in the suitcases?????? might look like we are crazy axe murderers!!! or maybe too keen to work, remind me exactly why we are going!!!!

Agree, Vizas would come in handy!
yuck I hate the smell of WD40!

Suz
I know what you mean had the same thoughts mass murder etc looks like we are going to just ship the lot!!
Tori