Shipping times

Old Aug 26th 2005, 4:29 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping times

We've just had an e-mail from our shippers saying that our freight is estimated to arrive in Fremantle on 12th September - the packers finished on 12th August, so am I right in thinking that this is pretty good, assuming that date is accurate?
Old Aug 26th 2005, 6:38 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping times

Blimey, that's quick!!!!

I thought it took about 6 weeks for full containers - ours is part and they've said 12-16 weeks....
Old Aug 26th 2005, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

thats right

ours left 10 june & arrived 10 july into freemantle - our stuff was delivered to our house about a week later

hth

pootle26
Old Aug 26th 2005, 7:56 am

Wow, home come it's so quick?
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bridiej

not sure - ours was on the next shipment after they picked it up - 2 days later - we used britannia - we only got 2 quotes - them & pickfords - i didnt like the pickfords guy so didnt even bother looking into shipping times etc
i thought it was standard so not sure why others are really long

pootle26
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:08 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, that's quick!!!!

I thought it took about 6 weeks for full containers - ours is part and they've said 12-16 weeks....

Ours docked 14th december after leavin uk 11th Oct

We finally got it released 28th January 2005

Was full container from Uk to Brisbane via some twat in JUPITER lol
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by pootle26
not sure - ours was on the next shipment after they picked it up - 2 days later - we used britannia - we only got 2 quotes - them & pickfords - i didnt like the pickfords guy so didnt even bother looking into shipping times etc
i thought it was standard so not sure why others are really long

pootle26
might have to look into this... do you have a website address for Britannia?

Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:17 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

might have to look into this... do you have a website address for Britannia?

Perhaps there are many people 'sharing' your container and they have to wait to fill it before it gets shipped?

Failing that perhaps they are finding it a tad difficult to get that many pigeons to strap to it?
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

here you go

http://www.britannia-movers.co.uk/

we used lanes as they are our local one - being in devon they were really good

hth

pootle26
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:58 am

thank you, k sent
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

The tide was running the right way?

Seriously though (what me?) - that does seem very good. I thought it was more like 10/12 weeks.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by marco121068
The tide was running the right way?

Seriously though (what me?) - that does seem very good. I thought it was more like 10/12 weeks.
that's what i thought..... JM said even if we had a container to ourselves it was 6-8 weeks!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:08 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Blimey, that's quick!!!!

We had a full 20' container and shipped with Bishop's in Exeter. I don't know when the container was going to be loaded but we were told it would be around 6-8 weeks, so if this goes to the date predicted it will be a nice surprise. Having said that, if it does arrive on 12th September it will be going into storage as we won't even be in WA then...and then we still have to find somewhere to rent.

I'll just be happy to know it's in Oz!
Old Aug 26th 2005, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

Ours was a shared container and was packed on 28th April and it arrived this week- 17 WEEKS !!!! AAAHHHHH - it had been so long that I couldnt even remember what I had shipped and despite thinking I had been ruthless in getting rid of rubbish I still managed to ship a lot of useless crap !!!! Why oh why did I think I would need 7 disposable plastic pots !!!!

Nat xxx
Old Aug 26th 2005, 3:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Shared containers take longer as you have to wait for them to fill. Then the actual time on the voyage is affected by numerous things - number of ports en route, ocean currents, wind, whether the container has to be moved to another ship, just to name a few.
And most people shipping into Perth/WA will get their ship into port before the East Coast people.
Then theres time taken in Customs..........thats another minefield!