Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping timelines. Container left yesterday.

Shipping timelines. Container left yesterday.

Old Aug 16th 2010, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Shipping timelines. Container left yesterday.

For info:

We've sent some items back to the UK from Perth in a shared container.

Packing done Friday 30 July
Container left yesterday - 15 August
ETA 20 September.

HTH.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 10:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping timelines. Container left yesterday.

Originally Posted by Kingseat
For info:

ETA 20 September.

HTH.
If it gets there on the 20th September that's remarkably fast isn't it? I thought the fastest timings would be 6 or 7 weeks. Let us know if it gets there then.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 10:53 am
K14
Forum Regular

K14 will become famous soon enoughK14 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kingseat
For info:

ETA 20 September.

HTH.
That's interesting. Who did you use?

We just sent our container back with Kents - they took it all on 21 July, got onto a ship which left on 1 August and isn't expected to arrive in the port in the UK until 22 Sep. Not exactly the timeline that they told me when doing the quote!
Old Aug 16th 2010, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

floss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by K14

We just sent our container back with Kents - they took it all on 21 July, got onto a ship which left on 1 August and isn't expected to arrive in the port in the UK until 22 Sep. Not exactly the timeline that they told me when doing the quote!
Our container left Dubai and was due to arrive after a 32 day transit. It took 16 days. When we moved the other way, it took 2 weeks longer than we were told. I think they just pluck a number out of thin air and you have to wait and see.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by K14

Kent! I was told that the container would be leaving the following week after packing but it was over 2 weeks in the end.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all

Our stuff is being packed on 30th August and should be leaving these shores on 4th September. We have been told it will take between 10 and 12 weeks to reach us in Perth.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

mark1963 is a jewel in the roughmark1963 is a jewel in the roughmark1963 is a jewel in the roughmark1963 is a jewel in the rough

Shipping time on avearage is 6-7 weeks.......I imported building materials into Sydney from UK for many years.

On the note it depends on where your ship is stopping.....I have my furnature on a ship called the MSC Jenny..which left 18th July and is due in 30th Sept.

If you ask your shipper for the ship name, You can track it on the following site http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

You should then allow two weeks for clearance and delivery if you are in a shared container.!

Full container loads could be a few days if you are lucky !!
Old Aug 17th 2010, 4:10 am
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mark1963
Shipping time on avearage is 6-7 weeks.......I imported building materials into Sydney from UK for many years.

On the note it depends on where your ship is stopping.....I have my furnature on a ship called the MSC Jenny..which left 18th July and is due in 30th Sept.

If you ask your shipper for the ship name, You can track it on the following site http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

You should then allow two weeks for clearance and delivery if you are in a shared container.!

Full container loads could be a few days if you are lucky !!
Mine is on same vesel as yours the Jenny. Are you in Perth as I have been quoted 19th September as estimated arrival which is 6 weeks later than I was origionlly quoted by Anglo Pacific. Not happy. Also discovered that our container didn't leave the port until 29th June again Anglo Pacific lied and told us it had gone on the 24th. Why lie I don't now.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

mark1963 is a jewel in the roughmark1963 is a jewel in the roughmark1963 is a jewel in the roughmark1963 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Kayelem,

No, we are in Sydney...Im not holding my breath on the delivery date, I cant see it getting to Sydney until the 5th or 6th if you see where it is at the moment.

The shipping company we used also told large porkies !!

They kept our stuff in storage for six weeks before they consolidated it..

I hope you meant yours left 29th July not June...otherwise we have more reasn to be concerned.

Cheers,
mark
Old Aug 17th 2010, 11:09 am
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kayelem,

No, we are in Sydney...Im not holding my breath on the delivery date, I cant see it getting to Sydney until the 5th or 6th if you see where it is at the moment.

I hope you meant yours left 29th July not June...otherwise we have more reasn to be concerned.

Cheers,
mark
Our left 29th June from Liverpool.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Ok Interesting....

Thanks for that.

Good luck with the move.!!
Old Aug 17th 2010, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Hi Kayelem,

Cheers,
mark
Can I just ask who you used? Our stuff was collected 6 weeks ago & still hasn't made it in to a shared container & with no idea as to when it will be shipped.

Alison x
Old Aug 18th 2010, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Hi Alison,

I used a local removal firm in Winchester....it was ther forwarding agent that held things up !!!

So they had no controll over it..So my removals guy eventually found another company to ship the stuff !

So with Hindsight I would have used one of the larger companies that do there own consolidating....

Good Luck,

Mark
Old Aug 25th 2010, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Yidmister is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for companies based in the UK. Looking to move to Brisbane in early part of next year.

Thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Container arrived in Felixstow on 29th September so 9 days late.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.