Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping stuff to Oz

Shipping stuff to Oz

Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping stuff to Oz

Hi, I'm at the stage where I'm considering my options regarding shipping stuff to Oz.

I'll need a few boxes and I may or may not ship the odd piece of furniture, depending on cost.

Can anyone give me any tips or companies worth using.

Many thanks

Jazzys
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:05 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping stuff to Oz

I've moved your thread to somewhere you may get more replies.

Mod.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:30 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

let you know on Friday I have 3 firms coming for surveys and quotes this week, BUT is not being paid for by us but by sponsoring firm so may be a bit more expensive but will let you know how it goes, they are Greens, excess baggage and pickfords.

Kim
Old Mar 26th 2007, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy Re: Shipping stuff to Oz

We used Allied Pickfords as the company was paying and that's who they use.The guys in the UK were great and most things were packed very well.We have a glass dining table and they made a crate for it and it came over in one piece! My son was annoyed cos they just plonked some of his stuff in a box,stuff like airfix models and some ornaments.
Their guys in Australia are typical friendly Aussies but are hopeless when it comes to your belongings! We got off lightly with a couple of broken things but I've heard some real horror stories! They unpacked someones leather couch with a Stanley knife! Ouch! They have also lost one of our boxes and don't seem to know what to do!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:54 am
AVW
BE Enthusiast

AVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud ofAVW has much to be proud of

We have used White and company, they have been great and gave us a very good price.
Stuff sails today....yipeeeeeeee

Good luck

Anne
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jazzys
Hi, I'm at the stage where I'm considering my options regarding shipping stuff to Oz.

I'll need a few boxes and I may or may not ship the odd piece of furniture, depending on cost.

Can anyone give me any tips or companies worth using.

Many thanks

Jazzys
Hi,
We had 5 companies round to give a quote, Allied Pickfords, Doree Bonner, Anglia, Crown and PSS. Prices similar for a 20ft container and have decided to narrow it down to Crown and Allied Pickfords as both are present in Perth and both gave good account of themselves when they came round..

Cheers

Chris
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

jojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to beholdjojo90 is a splendid one to behold

We used White and Company. Oxford to Perth. Everything arrived in about 7 weeks - exactly as planned. All that was broken was a cup and a glass. Very happy with the service overall.

Last edited by jojo90; Mar 26th 2007 at 10:46 am.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

So how much are we talking for a 20ft container Chris?

Cheers
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Famous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to behold

We used Anglo Pacific, who were fantastic. I know they have had a very bad press on this forum and that some members have had a bad experience with AP, but we were very happy with the price and service. We went with them because they came across the best of any of the companies we contacted (some couldn't even be bothered to fix appointments to give us a quote in the first place).

We had a lot of stuff as we brought most of our furniture and belongings. The guys who packed up our house (a team of 3 over 2 days) were friendly, helpful and so organised. Nothing went missing and nothing was broken except a couple of glass Christmas tree decorations which were probably broken as a result of the quarantine inspection as they were in a box that had been opened. I have quite a lot of china and glass, all of which arrived in perfect condition.

Perhaps the best bit was that the actual price we paid was less than the original quote as they managed to get everything (and a bit more) into a 20ft container.

Door to door it took about 8 weeks (London to Sunshine Coast via Brisbane) - the kids felt like Christmas had come early when all their stuff arrived!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
So how much are we talking for a 20ft container Chris?

Cheers
Hiya Jazzy,

We had quotes from Whites, Robinsons, Excess Baggage, Allied Pickfords and Doree Bonner.
All quoted the same, roughly 3,600 up to 4,200 - sterling. This figure didn't include insurance or taxes etc. (Still waiting for quote for Doree Bonner!!!!)
We had a 20ft container delivered to Perth. We used Robinsons which have an office in Darlington. We paid 4,500 pounds sterling. That was all the costs including insurance and other bits and bobs. Hopefully we should receive the container in the next week or so. Fingers crossed. Hope this is a little helpful.

Lynne
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Good grief, four and a half grand! I wasn't expecting that.

Is it possible to just ship a few boxes over rather than take up half a container?

Cheers
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

it is possible,we are taking washer ,dryer,boxes of photos,wedding,dress,pc,adult mountain bikes 2 of.and my sis reckons this should cost around £350/£450,as she used crown last year and roughly paid around that.she lives in brisbane and it took around 12 weeks to recieve them in aus so has told me to send them asap,also crown reccomend you put all your stuff in a room and they come round pack ,wrap and box it all for you so you dont even have to worry about that,and then off they go.hope this helps
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come
it is possible,we are taking washer ,dryer,boxes of photos,wedding,dress,pc,adult mountain bikes 2 of.and my sis reckons this should cost around £350/£450,as she used crown last year and roughly paid around that.she lives in brisbane and it took around 12 weeks to recieve them in aus so has told me to send them asap,also crown reccomend you put all your stuff in a room and they come round pack ,wrap and box it all for you so you dont even have to worry about that,and then off they go.hope this helps
Do you mean £3500/£4500???? we are being quoted by crown as £1800 without insurance so am just checking.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Now then, is it £350 or £3500? That is the question.

Does anyone have any website addresses for these companies.

Crown
Whites
Pickfords
Excess baggage
Doree Bonner

Cheers
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

Yes, my sis says its deffinitely hundreds and not thousands, and the web address for the company web address is http://www.crown-intl.com/ , if you get higher quotes than this from this company please let us no, we are planning on using them soon and have not got round to getting quotes just yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.