Reload this Page >

Shipping/removals Brisbane - Noosa

Shipping/removals Brisbane - Noosa

Old Dec 9th 2008, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

ralfcam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping/removals Brisbane - Noosa

Hi,

My family and I are about to relocate to the Noosa area in February next year.
I still have a few problems questions that I am hoping anyone who has made the big move can help me with.

Firstly can anyone recommend a customs broker/removals company to get our container through customs and delivered to Noosa?

What costs am I looking at (provided there are no quarantine issues) once the container is in Australia (getting through customs or taxes)?

Does anyone know approximately how much a 20cu.m. container moved from Brisbane to Noosa would cost?

Finally are there any restrictions on sending the contents of our liquor cabinet (the majority of bottles have been opened)?

Many thanks

Ralf
Old Dec 9th 2008, 9:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping/removals Brisbane - Noosa

Originally Posted by ralfcam
Finally are there any restrictions on sending the contents of our liquor cabinet (the majority of bottles have been opened)?

Many thanks

Ralf
Yes, don't do it. You would get hammered () with all manner of import duties bringing quantities of booze in although I'm not sure you can bring in opened bottles anyway, be against quarantine regulations. Drink it all at a party before you leave.

As for the shipping, we are an hour plus away from Brissie docks and didn't have to pay any extra for the delivery although they say in their paperwork anything over 35km gets charged extra. If you go with having the whole container filled for you and a door to door service you shouldn't have to worry about how much each leg costs iyswim. The people bringing your stuff over will have a removalist this end who they use.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 11:03 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I used CROWN for removals from UK to Brisbane if that is any help.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

we used crown they will advise you on what you can take & remove it from your uk home to your place in noosa try & get shipment sent so its ready for you in oz, it alot better than arriving 8 week before your shipment
Old Dec 12th 2008, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by calNgary
we used crown they will advise you on what you can take & remove it from your uk home to your place in noosa try & get shipment sent so its ready for you in oz, it alot better than arriving 8 week before your shipment
Thanks for the replies.

I'm still not sure what to do about the booze. I contacted Australian customs to see what the charges would be and they gave me a Tariff Schedule that seemed as though I was reading Chinese.

Moneypen20 - Love your comment - ''Yes, don't do it. You would get hammered ()''

We are moving from Denmark and have just asked our moving company how much it would be for door to door.
They have come back with what I think is an unrealistic quote from Brisbane to Noosa of $1500 USD!!!

Can anyone recommend a good company and approximate of what I could expect to pay for removal of a container from Brisbane port to Noosa.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers
Old Dec 15th 2008, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Steve Lawson has a spectacular aura aboutSteve Lawson has a spectacular aura aboutSteve Lawson has a spectacular aura about

Everything needs to be unloaded in a quarantine centre in Brisbane by a licensed broker/importer, an inspector needs to inspect and pass the shipment, then someone reload the stuff and deliver to Noosa. AUD 1,500 is a very reasonable price for all this work. I think you ought to consult your forwarder before proceeding and make sure they have covered all the handling charges. It is usually beytter to deliver everything in a truck - unless you own the container.
Old Dec 15th 2008, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Steve Lawson
Everything needs to be unloaded in a quarantine centre in Brisbane by a licensed broker/importer, an inspector needs to inspect and pass the shipment, then someone reload the stuff and deliver to Noosa. AUD 1,500 is a very reasonable price for all this work. I think you ought to consult your forwarder before proceeding and make sure they have covered all the handling charges. It is usually beytter to deliver everything in a truck - unless you own the container.
Cheers Steve.

1500 AUD I would have thought to be reasonable only we have been quoted $1500 USD!

Thanks again for the reply, I know understand the process a bit better.