Reload this Page >

Shipping quotes!!!

Shipping quotes!!!

Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

chelley is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Shipping quotes!!!

Hi

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has done some extensive research into shipping costs and or have got some quality movers they can recommend!!!

Cheers

Chelley
Old Jan 5th 2006, 5:58 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping quotes!!!

Originally Posted by chelley
Hi

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has done some extensive research into shipping costs and or have got some quality movers they can recommend!!!

Cheers

Chelley

Search the forum for shippping quotes and you'll find approx 200000000000000000000000000000000 posts related to this subject
Old Jan 5th 2006, 6:03 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Search the forum for shippping quotes and you'll find approx 200000000000000000000000000000000 posts related to this subject
rightly
Old Jan 5th 2006, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Matt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to behold

I found some website that e-mailed my request to all the main shipping companies. Half never responded and out of the rest EMS Hansard came back with the best quote and have been great with all the communication. However, we haven't moved yet so there's still time for them to bodge it up, be late, never arrive, lose our stuff, sink the ship etc etc...

If anyone has had bad experiences with them, I therefore DO NOT want to know...
Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Matt Sabin
I found some website that e-mailed my request to all the main shipping companies. Half never responded and out of the rest EMS Hansard came back with the best quote and have been great with all the communication. However, we haven't moved yet so there's still time for them to bodge it up, be late, never arrive, lose our stuff, sink the ship etc etc...

Cheers matt for your more constructive advice!
Hope all goes well for you with the move.....
Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Matt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to behold

Cheers and you. When are you going? If it's after March/April then drop me a line on the forum and I'll let you know how things went.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Cheers and you. When are you going? If it's after March/April then drop me a line on the forum and I'll let you know how things went.
No date set yet although it's been a major lengthy process!!
On our application we said we would invest $100,000 and we had the letter requesting the money on xmas eve so we know this is the final hurdle before visas are granted so hopefully only a few more months to wait......
Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:44 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know what the website was Matt?

Thanks
Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chelley
No date set yet although it's been a major lengthy process!!
On our application we said we would invest $100,000 and we had the letter requesting the money on xmas eve so we know this is the final hurdle before visas are granted so hopefully only a few more months to wait......
Hi Chelly

Think it varies some I think seem to be better for bigger moves and some for smaller, we have booked excess international movers, think they are better for small amounts we are only taking around 100cf and the quote was £680.

Good luck, just dont go with anglo pacific everyone slates them.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:55 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Hi Chelly

Think it varies some I think seem to be better for bigger moves and some for smaller, we have booked excess international movers, think they are better for small amounts we are only taking around 100cf and the quote was £680.

Good luck, just dont go with anglo pacific everyone slates them.
What do you fit in 100cf? If you don't mind me asking
Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Hi Chelly

Good luck, just dont go with ***** ******** everyone slates them.

Cheers, we ourselves are going to be fairly light movers although seeing the amount my outlaws bought for the kids for xmas I'd hazard a guess at the fact that they are deliberately trying to sabotage our plans on the less is more theory!!!! I'm really suprised at how cheap your quote was so may well give them a ring myself tomorrow for a chat, thanks again, it's always nice to get decent feedback
Old Jan 5th 2006, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Tiawamutu]Do you know what the website was Matt?

Really sorry - been through all my sent e-mails and can't find it. I think it was an online form and seeing as it was over 4 months ago now, I just can't remember. Useless, I know. I've tried searching online and can't find anything that jogs a memory either. For your info. EMS Hansard quoted us £1535 for 280cft personal effects door-to-door. Everyone else seemed to be about £500 more expensive. As I say they've been really good so far...

I agree Anglo-wotsit were useless - wouldn't reply to e-mails for weeks then came back with the most laughable quote...

Hope this is of some use...
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:01 pm

[QUOTE=Matt Sabin]
Originally Posted by Tiawamutu

Really sorry - been through all my sent e-mails and can't find it. I think it was an online form and seeing as it was over 4 months ago now, I just can't remember. Useless, I know. I've tried searching online and can't find anything that jogs a memory either. For your info. EMS Hansard quoted us £1535 for 280cft personal effects door-to-door. Everyone else seemed to be about £500 more expensive. As I say they've been really good so far...

I agree Anglo-wotsit were useless - wouldn't reply to e-mails for weeks then came back with the most laughable quote...

Thanks anyway, and good luck with the move
Old Jan 6th 2006, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

What do you fit in 100cf? If you don't mind me asking

will post on thursday and let you know.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

jwlms will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Matt Sabin]

Hi there,

We're going to Melbourne on Feb 7, and are using PSS. They quoted us £1394 for 283 cu ft, they seem really good and have had some good write-ups on this forum. Good luck!

Jason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.