Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping Quote In - Is this expensive?

Shipping Quote In - Is this expensive?

Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of
Default Shipping Quote In - Is this expensive?

Just got a quote from Pickfords for removal to GCoast of £2790 door to door not exceeding 640cuft. Does this sound high or about right? This will be a shared container am I right in thinking about 1/2? Any other firms to try? Ive made an appointment with Doree Bonner. Thanks
Old Nov 26th 2009, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Quote In - Is this expensive?

Originally Posted by nbn8
Just got a quote from Pickfords for removal to GCoast of £2790 door to door not exceeding 640cuft. Does this sound high or about right? This will be a shared container am I right in thinking about 1/2? Any other firms to try? Ive made an appointment with Doree Bonner. Thanks
Sounds a tad high, but not far off. See if they will lower price by a few hundred, if not get other companies in.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

I paid about 3200 pounds for a 20 ft container but that was 2 and a half years ago now if that helps.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

Wal74 will become famous soon enoughWal74 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nbn8
Hi
We are using Pickfords for removals to Melbourne, door to door with a shared container, about 691cuft. We paid GBP 2888 plus insurance was extra. I found Pickfords very helpful and reliable in the UK. They came and packed on 05/10/09, and our shipment is due to arrive on 04/12/09 so we'll see how they do here.

Any other questions on Pickfords, I will try and help. I also did have a quote from Doree Bonner was about GBP3000 for the same cuft.
Hope this helps.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

polly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant future

we're paying £3788 for a full container from North West to Sydney if that helps
Old Nov 27th 2009, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

fogfurn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: fogfurn

thank you for your reply polly could you tell me the name of your migration agency
Old Nov 27th 2009, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wal74
Hi
We are using Pickfords for removals to Melbourne, door to door with a shared container, about 691cuft. We paid GBP 2888 plus insurance was extra. I found Pickfords very helpful and reliable in the UK. They came and packed on 05/10/09, and our shipment is due to arrive on 04/12/09 so we'll see how they do here.

Any other questions on Pickfords, I will try and help. I also did have a quote from Doree Bonner was about GBP3000 for the same cuft.
Hope this helps.
Thanks would be great to hear how you get on once your shipment arrives.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

polly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant futurepolly_pod has a brilliant future

migration agency is australian migration lawyers, in brisbane go on the mara website shipping agent is anglo pacific
Old Nov 27th 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

We paid £3400 for sole use of a 20ft Container to Brisbane. Fully packed/unpacked both ends This was with John Mason's.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

tartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant future

Whites, full pack and unpack, Dunfermline, Fife, to Perth WA, 20 foot sole use. £2900
Old Jan 1st 2010, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

naomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nice

just give me an idea of the sizes we are talking about here? 20 cubic feet - is that big enough to fit in furniture etc?
Old Jan 1st 2010, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

tartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant future

20 Foot container 1,360 cu ft (39 m3)
40 Foot container 2,720 cu ft (77 m3)
Old Jan 4th 2010, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light

How do you actually go about calculating your space requirements?

Is a a 20 footer is enough for the entire contents of a four bedroomed house?
Old Jan 4th 2010, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Australia Bound

We have been quoted a 20ft container and this is for a 3 bed house leaving behind wardrobes etc. We have really slimmed down our contents I would imagine a 4 bed if taking most things would possibly be bigger than 20ft.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 7:56 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Australia Bound

Based on personal experience, no. We filled a 40 footer from a four bed house... and that had no wardrobes to be moved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.