Shipping Quote

Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:13 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shipping Quote

We had Pickfords come out the other week to give us a quote.
Whilst at the house, the man said we would need approx 610 cubic feet, and the actual quote said no more than 615 cubic feet.

I asked him what would happen if we had more to take when the time came, and he said he would be able to just add it on. He said that it was only a part container we needed, and that the measuremetns had to be accurate as we were sharing, and other people's things would be in amongst ours, and possibly piled on top.

I am concerned about the space issue, as he went round and I told him what we were taking, but didn't know what he actually wrote down. I realised also, when he had gone, that I may have forgotten to tell him about a few things we were taking.

I have 2 concerns:

1. That we go over our limit
2. The fact our stuff is mingled in with other people's

Should we go with someone else, or am I worrying too much
Old Jul 14th 2006, 4:45 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Quote

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Whilst at the house, the man said we would need approx 610 cubic feet, and the actual quote said no more than 615 cubic feet.

I asked him what would happen if we had more to take when the time came, and he said he would be able to just add it on. He said that it was only a part container we needed, and that the measuremetns had to be accurate as we were sharing, and other people's things would be in amongst ours, and possibly piled on top.

I am concerned about the space issue, as he went round and I told him what we were taking, but didn't know what he actually wrote down. I realised also, when he had gone, that I may have forgotten to tell him about a few things we were taking.

I have 2 concerns:

It won't be mingled - they are in the same container but crated up seperately.

They quoted based on what you told them and you should have been pretty certain what you were bringing - they haven't given you an estimate - they have given you a quote. If their surveyor is crap that's their problem Our surveyor was crap and we had more than he'd said we'd need, but they just took what we wanted and didn't charge any more.

And yes - you are worrying too much Ange - time you were over here and chilling out!!
Old Jul 14th 2006, 6:39 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Your stuff might be mingled in with ours as we are only taking a part container
Old Jul 14th 2006, 6:57 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

I have 2 concerns:

We have half a container. When the packers came they loaded all the boxes into huge wooden crates. We used 2 of these crates and they will be loaded straight into the containers, so no other peoples shipments will be added. The crates had my consignment number on too.

We ended up using less space than quoted. When we went through the house getting ready for the packers, we threw/gave away/sold so much stuff. Either we decided not to take it, it wouldnt get used, or we cant wait for it to arrive so buy it when we get there.

Last edited by Anastasia Beaverhausen; Jul 14th 2006 at 6:59 am.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:09 am

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
It won't be mingled - they are in the same container but crated up seperately.
He said they would be together, and would have different coloured stickers on to determine who's was who's

They quoted based on what you told them and you should have been pretty certain what you were bringing - they haven't given you an estimate - they have given you a quote. If their surveyor is crap that's their problem Our surveyor was crap and we had more than he'd said we'd need, but they just took what we wanted and didn't charge any more.
That's put my mind at rest, thanks

And yes - you are worrying too much Ange - time you were over here and chilling out!!
I will be when the buyers bloomin solicitors get their act together and stop fannying around
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice

I have 2 concerns:

Once you get to around 700 cuft you might want to consider just paying the extra and having a full container to yourself, that way you can add as much as you like near the end (up to the full container amount off course).

It is worth getting the firms to quote you for the 615ft and the full container so you can see the difference and then decide.

For me I was willing to pay the difference (using PSS) approx £2950 v £3300 and just go for the full container.

In the end I took apart my flat pack bookcases and had sold my dining table and chairs etc so I had plenty of spare room, however I had originally planned to ship the bookcases without taking them apart until i realised that may make it hard to get them into an apartment at the other end.

hope that helps

Alex
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:26 am
Just Joined

storming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to all

Hi

Yes we have just had Crown Relocation round and we were in the same mind as yourself but i just keep phoning them up and changing thing's around. :scared:

we are having the same with our buyers solicitors. i'm gland we are not on our own with this one

Storming
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Alex Hall
Once you get to around 700 cuft you might want to consider just paying the extra and having a full container to yourself, that way you can add as much as you like near the end (up to the full container amount off course).

It is worth getting the firms to quote you for the 615ft and the full container so you can see the difference and then decide.

For me I was willing to pay the difference (using PSS) approx £2950 v £3300 and just go for the full container.

In the end I took apart my flat pack bookcases and had sold my dining table and chairs etc so I had plenty of spare room, however I had originally planned to ship the bookcases without taking them apart until i realised that may make it hard to get them into an apartment at the other end.

hope that helps

Alex
Hi Alex,
Don't think we would have anywhere near enough stuff for a 20ft container, as we have sold quite a bit of stuff.

Thanks
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by storming
Hi

Yes we have just had Crown Relocation round and we were in the same mind as yourself but i just keep phoning them up and changing thing's around. :scared:

we are having the same with our buyers solicitors. i'm gland we are not on our own with this one

Storming
It's annoying isn't it. We just want to be away
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:54 am
Just Joined

storming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to allstorming is a name known to all

It's annoying isn't it. We just want to be away
Tell me about it, The wife has left work today so we can sort things out but there is still that risk of it all going belly up :scared:
The shipping comany is coming on 31 of july so our fingers are crossed.

good luck with yours hope it all goes well

Storming
Old Jul 14th 2006, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Peter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nice

Hi

We have just had 2 companies out this week, Anglo Pacific & Crown one of them said we have approx 800 cubic feet(or whatever they are) the other one did not mention anything and we should receive both their quotes within the next few days. We may still ring Pickfords as well. I will let you know when I get them what the prices are.

Karin & Peter
Old Jul 14th 2006, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Peter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nice

Forgot to mention we're just over the river to you in North Shields!

Where abouts in Perth are you hoping to settle?

Karin & peter
Old Jul 14th 2006, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Alex Hall

hope that helps

Alex
Hiya,

We had loads of quotes done..and they all said that we would need 700 cubic feet......we went ahead and booked sole use of a 20 ft reefer container (which apparently accomodates 800 cubic feet)...when they turned up last week and started to pack they said..'looks like you are going to need a full 20ft!' (1000 cubic feet) and suggested that we will have to pay the extra!
I think it all depends upon how well the boxes etc are packed....as I don't think we really have that much stuff!
I can't wait to check out how full the boxes actually are when it arrives in Aug! I had planned to keep a close eye on them whilst packing, but my daughter was poorly so had to leave them to it!
Oh well!
Good Luck!
Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
We have half a container. When the packers came they loaded all the boxes into huge wooden crates. We used 2 of these crates and they will be loaded straight into the containers, so no other peoples shipments will be added. The crates had my consignment number on too.

We ended up using less space than quoted. When we went through the house getting ready for the packers, we threw/gave away/sold so much stuff. Either we decided not to take it, it wouldnt get used, or we cant wait for it to arrive so buy it when we get there.
Who did you use?
Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Peter & Karin
Forgot to mention we're just over the river to you in North Shields!

Where abouts in Perth are you hoping to settle?

Karin & peter
North of the river. Currumbine/Joondalup/connollly area. How about you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.