Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shipping personal goods from Canada to Australia

Shipping personal goods from Canada to Australia

Old Feb 3rd 2011, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

Hugh4Star is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping personal goods from Canada to Australia

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows a good reliable, hopefully affordable sea freight shipping company? I only have a small shipment, probably less than 170 kg worth of stuff.
thanks
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:22 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Shipping personal goods from Canada to Australia

We didn't ship anything so I don't have any personal experience. The only other Canadians I know that have shipped stuff have been full containers. Another poster on here, Dorothy, I think used Allied (hopefully she'll correct me if I'm wrong).

When we moved in reverse (from Oz to Canada) I called around a few moving companies and the rates weren't too bad but the problem was they always had to wait for a full container to ship the stuff, so it could take a long time. A better alternative for you is probably some sort of excess cargo place where they deal with sending smaller shipments.

I'd check out something like these:

http://www.excess-baggage.com/baggag...t_shipping.php

http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/ba...elocating.aspx

I haven't used either of these or heard anything about them.... just giving you a few ideas.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Cheers. I had sent an email to excess baggage and they seem pretty on the ball, so maybe I'll chose them. Thx for the tips.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hugh4Star
Cheers. I had sent an email to excess baggage and they seem pretty on the ball, so maybe I'll chose them. Thx for the tips.
They're good for shipping spouses too!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 1:32 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Where are you moving to?

Have you booked your flights yet? Try checking the prices at Down Under Travel.

http://www.downunder-travel.com/

We've used them about 5 times now and they've always worked out the cheapest (for us). Which was important as we bought 4 tickets each time!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 10:40 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hugh4Star
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows a good reliable, hopefully affordable sea freight shipping company? I only have a small shipment, probably less than 170 kg worth of stuff.
thanks
Yes, we used Allied Pickfords. We used them for our cross country moves in Canada and again when we moved interstate here too.

Where are you planning to move?
Old Feb 13th 2011, 2:55 am
Just Joined

I've already made the move, currently I'm in the sunshine coast. I'm just trying to find an affordable company to go through to get all my stuff shipped over.