Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

shipping Paintings and other things of sentimental value

shipping Paintings and other things of sentimental value

Old Jan 15th 2007, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default shipping Paintings and other things of sentimental value

Hi,
Having read a few of the 'shipping threads' it seems that things do get damaged and there can be a problem with humidity. I have no problem with 'consumables' getting damaged as they can be replaced with insurence money, but things like paintings can't. Do shippers take special care with such items to make sure they don't get damp or broken or are they just lumped in together? Are there any shippers who are good at these sort of items or any to avoid?

Cheers

Chris
Old Jan 15th 2007, 3:21 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of
Default Re: shipping Paintings and other things of sentimental value

Originally Posted by chrispy
Hi,
Having read a few of the 'shipping threads' it seems that things do get damaged and there can be a problem with humidity. I have no problem with 'consumables' getting damaged as they can be replaced with insurence money, but things like paintings can't. Do shippers take special care with such items to make sure they don't get damp or broken or are they just lumped in together? Are there any shippers who are good at these sort of items or any to avoid?

Cheers

Chris

Professional packers should be able to advise on antiques and paintings correctly and provide the correct level of insurance. Most packaging is "breathable" so allows in air but limits moisture. The packers can sell you a real story on their export packaging if you want them too! I suggest Allied Pickfords, John Masons or PSS.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: shipping Paintings and other things of sentimental value

Originally Posted by mark213
Professional packers should be able to advise on antiques and paintings correctly and provide the correct level of insurance. Most packaging is "breathable" so allows in air but limits moisture. The packers can sell you a real story on their export packaging if you want them too! I suggest Allied Pickfords, John Masons or PSS.

Ok, thanks for that reassurence... i was just a little concerned with the stories about moisture in the containers. These paintings are generally not worth a lot but mean a lot to us and i would hate to have them ruined.

Cheers